the Rift

[OPEN] they are lost and gone forever, oh my darling clementine

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor
like a jar, you housed infinite tenderness
and infinite tenderness shattered you
This night is a beacon of light in the endless sea of blackness she seems to be flailing in. How Yael has managed to stay afloat for so long is uncertain, but the little golden woman has always seemed to have a hidden bit a strength. Little bits of iron amongst the slender lines and warm, fuzzy parts. You’d never know it by looking at her, but the petite, kind-hearted mare is a survivor, if only by luck and sheer willpower; opportunities which she’s taken advantage of, situations she’s manipulated, and a deep, sincere desire to protect and make the world a safe place.

God (The Gods?) alone will judge her when she finally passes from the earthly world to the next. Yael is not afraid of this, for there are more than a few friends she’s very eager to see again. What would be devastating (Adonai forbid she ever truly take the time to think about) is if she never got to see her family again… at least talking about them brings their scents, their faces, the touch of their whiskery noses to mind. Vividly so. They are imprints on her heart, etched in indelible ink down to the very marrow of her bones. And when the vultures come to eat her flesh, when the coyotes to crack her skeleton apart, they will consume a part of Yael’s soul. She will return to rejoin the universe. If any of her children still draw breath, she will be part of them again.

It is something she must believe in. Fervently.

Though drowsy, she pays attention to Reksana’s description of the herds in Xelovia. Without asking further questions, she accepts that there are multiple Gods, each taking a part for themselves. There will surely be questions about this later, when her brain isn’t whirling in dopamine and her eyes feel less like lead weights. The night wanes, and the little golden pegasus is very much behind on her sleeping schedule, but still, she fights against weariness and time until she can politely pass the fuck out.

“A blessing indeed. You seem much xappier now,” she says, interrupted by a massive yawn. “Ahhh, forgeev me, do you mind eef I ah, close my eyes for a beet?” While the woman can’t imagine that the answer would be no, she does her best to keep her eyes open. What she does know is that the last thing she murmurs to the mother-to-be is , “I am so very glad to xaf met you, Reksana. I xope ve can be freends… “

lines | coloring | coding

@Rexanna  Care to end it here? Feel free to powerplay her falling asleep/whatever you want Rexanna to do at the end :) Hope they can meet up again soon!

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Messages In This Thread
RE: they are lost and gone forever, oh my darling clementine - by Yael - 01-15-2017, 05:00 PM