the Rift

Restoration of Fortune

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
Hotaru
and Alice

The snow falls crisp and thick as winter takes hold of their northern kingdom, and the world is muted and still as the Valkyrie steps forth into the drifts. Alice has no respect for the beauty of the untouched snow, barreling through it snout-first, the only sign of her passing being the thick violet smoke that rolls across the white horizon. 

The rose picks her way across the earth, deliberate and intent. With the changing of the season her coat darkens to bloodier shades, a testament to her father's blood in her veins. A full-bodied rose amidst the snow, as volatile and striking as blood. The granite set to her beautiful face is unexpected, uncommon. After the meeting with her twin sister, the Valkyrie had hoisted her sword from the snow and struck out into the early morning with a chip on her shoulder and a clench to her slender jaw. What good did stagnancy do? She was merely imitating the hibernating horrors of her herdland, the mighty beasts she'd once been proud to serve and lead. Now they were nothing but fat, lazy bears. Sleeping away the winter, overly confident in the might of their claws that had struck down prey after prey. But even a bear could be hounded and slain, and Hotaru would not be the one to watch their throats bleed red in the middle of the night when the demons came for them and the easy feast they presented. 

Alice's howl breaks the early morning silence, a warped kind of canine call that all should recognize or at least deign to investigate. Hotaru summons the magic within her, and a large ball of shuddering, snapping lightning manifests before her. She stands away from its violent range, and as it explodes a shrieking boom echoes further against the landscape, demanding attention from all who traverse her lands. 

She will not be ignored. 

As they gather she turns to the bundle she has dragged along behind her, pieces of metal and leather that bind a beautiful set of armor. With a violent thrust of her tiara'd head she throws the armor out in front of the crowd, and slams her forehooves to the snow in a burst of showers. 

"THIS IS THE ARMOR OF YOUR DISGRACED GENERAL!" she howls, eyes like lightning as they flash from face to face. "I stripped it from her cowardly hide and I present it to you now as proof that I AM YOUR LADY! That I stand before you with the blessings of my predecessors, that I am worthy of my title, and capable of defending you against seasoned warriors!" Tail lashes like a cat-o-nine whip against her hocks, and the winds of her hurricanes whip momentarily across the flat snowy landscape. She is violent and beautiful and angry. And she loves them enough to drag them from their stupor by the napes of their necks.

"I present this armor to you and I swear upon it that I will not stand for complacency any longer - from this herd, from our allies, and from myself. None of us are free from fault. This was once the mightiest herd in all of Helovia! Now here we cower, behind our mountains and our mumbled reassurances that we need not be strong in the face of peace. I ask you, IS THIS WHAT YOU EXPECT FROM YOUR HERD?" Hotaru kicks the closest piece of metal to explain her point, the resounding clang like a death knoll, and her breath comes fast and hot with passion and vitality. 

"This herd is a family. We fight, we bleed, we rally against one another like squabbling foals because that is what families do. But families do not quit. I am not giving up on you. We are not giving up." Alice snarls in primordial agreement at her side, and her breaths smooth even as she paces idly before them. Whether Deimos comes to interrupt her or not doesn't matter, because this is her stage for now. His input could wait, his scorn or his disagreement could wait. She did not expect him to disagree with her words (maybe her delivery, if only because she was fire and he was ice) but she was more then prepared for the backlash of her herd. For they always found something to complain about at these meetings.

"Which is why things are changing. Immediately." Again she thrust her hoof forth at the armor, which lay innocently glinting blue and black in the snow. "Any who wish to claim this armor and take up the rank of General or Corporal, step forth now. So long as you have the heart and drive to practice, to bleed, to sacrifice for your family, we will overlook initial skill." Her eyes drove into Erebos briefly, wondering if the war-driven child would follow in his sire's steps and come to claim the title she offered. 

"A god has risen from the deep in the southern lands by the name of Kisamoa. If you have any interactions with him, or any new information, come to myself, Deimos, or Aisling immediately. While he appears benevolent for now, we all know Helovia does not remain such for long." And speaking of her favorite braided thief...

"Aisling, I ask you to accompany me to the World's Edge to solidify our alliance with the rulers there. Tiamat, I ask you to do the same in regards to the Dragon's Throat." Truly with the firmness of her voice it wasn't a request, but she would not throw around her authority like a tyrant, for she was not. Even in her anger, she loved them. That was why she could not bear to see them falter and crumble to nothing. 

"Eldala, with the materials you recovered from the Dragon's Throat, we will begin our crafting of fibrous leather for more armor, to encourage our soldiers to step up and reclaim their ranks." The Valkyrie did not doubt that all able-bodied individuals would step forward onto the battlefield and give their bodies to the defense of their herd, regardless of status, but she could not help but notice the empty, looming ranks. 

"All others who remain unranked, come forth now if there is a rank you desire. Contest among yourselves, if you believe someone unfit for their title. The snow may blanket us in the clutches of Frostfall, but we will burn slow and steady, and when spring comes again, may the Aurora Basin become a fire once more." With a sharp nod she cut her words there, standing in prim solitude at the forefront of the masses. Welcoming their words, their complaints, their reactions. As strong as iron. Choosing who would live and die, just as her title suggested. 

Image by Frostie-Spirits.deviantart.com

This is a MANDATORY MEETING. You can post the bare minimum if your character has nothing to say to keep things moving, but we want as many members here as possible!

Important changes:

The positions of Corporal and General are open! 
Soldiers are encouraged to apply - even outcasts who want to jump in on the meeting!
Aisling and Tiamat are requested to travel with Hotaru to the Edge and Throat!
Eldala is crafting leather from palm fronds for one lucky soldier!
If anyone has an issue with another character holding a rank and wants it, it can be brought up here and discussed!
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Restoration of Fortune - by Hotaru - 11-22-2016, 02:24 AM
RE: Restoration of Fortune - by Deimos - 11-23-2016, 02:05 PM
RE: Restoration of Fortune - by Erebos - 11-23-2016, 02:10 PM
RE: Restoration of Fortune - by Tiamat - 11-23-2016, 10:02 PM
RE: Restoration of Fortune - by Eldala - 11-23-2016, 11:49 PM
RE: Restoration of Fortune - by Aisling - 11-24-2016, 12:31 AM
RE: Restoration of Fortune - by Arion - 11-24-2016, 02:02 AM
RE: Restoration of Fortune - by Albrecht - 11-24-2016, 08:05 AM
RE: Restoration of Fortune - by Cassius - 11-24-2016, 12:18 PM
RE: Restoration of Fortune - by Enna - 11-24-2016, 04:42 PM