the Rift

Restoration of Fortune

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
So like, it is way too early for this. I’m just minding my own business, I’ve barely even started to walk out of the cave again and move and all of a sudden there’s LIGHTNING SHAKING THE BASIN and I know our Lady is seriously pissed off. I mean, so mad that I really don’t even want to go. Like at all. It’s too much.

I like thinking of Hotaru as the pretty lady that licked me the last time I saw her and I don’t really want to be yelled at.

But I’m awake and I’m feeling okay so I figure I should even just show up and prove to everyone that I am alive. Jellybean is, of course, absolutely excited to be near so many others again - and to see Sorcha and any other companions that have been born since our isolation.

Despite her excitement and how infectious it is, we move slowly. I’m skinnier than I’ve ever been in my life - preferring to keep a nice thick layer of winter fat to keep me comfortable year round - but now you could play the outline of my ribs through my coat like an xylophone. I wonder, idly, what sort of tune it would be and Jellybean brushes one of her paws against my sides in a delicate, forlorn gesture - as if she feels the loss of that weight as well.

What a shame, I guess I’ll have to spend the rest of the day eating.

Hotaru was already yelling by the time we showed up and quite honestly, I was already exhausted. Not about the subject matter - of course - just from that WALK. I mean it must have taken a whole 10 minutes!!

I saw someone standing at the back of the crowd - an antlered girl I only remember from meetings - and I drift towards her. I’m not my usual dazzling self - my white coat is long and dirty and Jellybean reminds me often that I still look sick even though I’m actually feeling much better - but I hope that she won’t mind the company. All I really do is whicker softly at her before sitting down in the snow nearby. It’s not a totally comfortable position but man did my hooves need a break after the hike over here from my cave. I’d honestly lie down but I’m pretty sure that would be pushing it - and I’m afraid I’d fall asleep and miss the whole thing!

This time, it’s only Hotaru really that’s shouting, not the entire herd, which is a nice change. Deimos mentions that there’s some positions open and Aisling, my sweet Aisling, pipes up to let him know I’m awake.

I know I should say something, to offer to take back my job as Weaver, but I can’t quite find the energy to waltz through the crowd and announce my triumphant return. I feel like that might be more of a private conversation - because Deimos and Hotaru of course should find someone who isn't - wasn't - sick. Jellybean is too busy keeping an eye out for the dragon, hoping that she’ll bring a little present our way, and for once she’s not squawking.

I mean I know why she's quiet - I know it’s because she can feel my head swimming and she doesn’t want to make things worse because then I’ll have to go back to the cave.

All I really manage to do is find a dreamy smile because I realize that it’s my girl, my babymama and sweet thing, who is standing up there beside Hotaru. And I’m so very proud of her.

come with me, honey
I'm your sweet sugar candyman
image credits

sits (literally) near @Enna ;)
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Messages In This Thread
Restoration of Fortune - by Hotaru - 11-22-2016, 02:24 AM
RE: Restoration of Fortune - by Deimos - 11-23-2016, 02:05 PM
RE: Restoration of Fortune - by Erebos - 11-23-2016, 02:10 PM