the Rift

[OPEN] searching for the sun

Cassius Posts: 46
Aurora Basin Haurspex atk: 3.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.0h :: 4 [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
mar

»› C A S S I U S ‹«

It was hard for the stallion to stifle his curiosity, as it bloomed amidst the quiet, peculiar intricacies of the mare. When her rich eyes avoided the purchase of his, and darted for the silver horn instead. Cassius was inclined to follow her gaze at first – thinking; what had she found? Only to stop himself mid motion, and returned to face her with a warmth to his cheeks in realization. A soft, stuttering chuckle breaking mid sentence.

Though he wasn’t sure if he was catching on fast enough, that he’d missed something to cause the subtle stiffness in her jaw, or the quiet shudder between his words. Quickly, the boy filtered through his words, and was hard pressed to find anything of offense.

Thus, his previous, casual stance was set adrift just as the butterfly mare stepped in. Terrified by the idea that perhaps, he’d frightened her in some way. Without intention or desire to do so. Warm brown eyes lift to meet the stranger’s face, pleasantly spotted and adorned with vibrant insect wings. He can’t help how his gaze trails along their edges, can’t prevent his thoughts that swirl by the sight of their design; seemingly fragile, thin, delicate. How do they work?

With a quiet, deep breath in – he fixes his eyes on the stranger with a quaint smile. He dips his head politely in return, remembering that he’d forgotten to provide the same gesture to the other mare. “Oh, there’s no intrusion here miss. It appears we happened upon each other.” His smile is reaffirmed on his lips. But at the same time, he realizes sadly, that the girl has stepped away from him. Cassius wonders what he’s done, and settles his gaze on her just as Myrrine inquires for her name. Both parties imparting their own wonder upon the quiet lass.

And her eyes are offered to him like a sting without its bite. Forlorn and guarded, hidden behind a wall Cassius knows he cannot breach. But secretly wishes he could climb, for the sake of asking why – if he could offer his condolences. Not because he was feeling generous today, or because this newfound freedom brought him a joy so precious, he simply had to share what he’d found with everyone. Perhaps his loneliness had consumed him to a point, that generosity and grace had sprung a new force to reach out and gather those around him. That he felt compelled to make up for his disgrace.

He wasn’t entirely sure, and somehow she’d made him feel guilty all over again for the things she could never know about him. At least she appeared more at ease.

The stallion nods quietly, her answer unfurling behind the mass bulk of introductions. Cassius offers his small smile, although it has fallen since his initial introductions.

“I see…” And now he’s at a dead end. He looks to Myrrine momentarily to gather himself.

“Would you ladies be so inclined to explore these lands with me, perhaps? I have never seen the ocean before. I’ve heard it’s lovely.”

His eyes light up, imploring them both to venture forwards. To the waters, to the edge of the world; at least he could find some satisfaction in that.

“I must insist. It won’t be much of an experience by myself…” His body, eager, shifts towards the lapping waters. The source of the cool salty wind that heralds them closer.

@Serenity @Myrrine

Messages In This Thread
searching for the sun - by Serenity - 11-22-2016, 06:35 PM
RE: searching for the sun - by Cassius - 11-24-2016, 12:52 PM
RE: searching for the sun - by Myrrine - 11-24-2016, 01:57 PM
RE: searching for the sun - by Serenity - 11-29-2016, 06:45 PM
RE: searching for the sun - by Cassius - 12-05-2016, 02:41 PM
RE: searching for the sun - by Myrrine - 12-05-2016, 10:44 PM
RE: searching for the sun - by Serenity - 12-27-2016, 10:23 AM
RE: searching for the sun - by Cassius - 01-02-2017, 01:37 AM
RE: searching for the sun - by Myrrine - 01-02-2017, 10:10 PM
RE: searching for the sun - by Serenity - 01-05-2017, 01:05 PM