the Rift

[PRIVATE] You say give me your hand.

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
V O L T E R R A

She turns to face him and he's afforded another look at her in full; she's certainly a pretty little thing, her youth hardly evident in the curves of her body. She introduces herself as Aelin, and the leviathan files away the name. "The pleasure is all mine, Aelin," he rumbles. His voice isn't intentionally flirtatious, but his general manner is one of salaciousness, of primitive masculinity that almost always appears to be grounded firmly in lust. It is simply how he is, yet it doesn't always imply wicked intentions.

She dips her head, a gesture of respect that makes the leviathan's muscles quiver with dominant delight. He might not be the king he wishes to be, but he knows that his position of Gladiator is high enough to afford him some measure of respect. His own muzzle dips a fraction in return, a silent acknowledgement of the mare's movement. "Recent enough, I suppose. I joined towards the end of Tallsun, at the request of Sikeax. She is...a friend of mine." Given recent events, Sikeax's name seems to be a swear word amongst Throat dwellers, but Volterra has no intention of hiding the reason why he joined. The reasons why he's chosen to stay even now Sikeax is no longer Sultana...now that is a slightly more complex situation.

Aelin adds something in another language, and the stallion twitches his ears with interest. Her words are guttural, similar to his Hungarian and yet entirely different too. "I have not heard that language before," he says curiously, although he recognises some of the words as sounding vaguely similar to the names of Gaucho's many offspring. "What does it mean?" He knows he is not the only one in Helovia who speaks a different tongue, but it's certainly interesting to come across one such bilingual.

Her gaze travels to his dragons, and both red and gold immediately begin to swell under the weight of their own vanity. Vadir ceases her circling and attempts to land on Volterra's broad back, but there's not enough space for her massive bulk next to her crimson brother. There's a momentary serenade of snarling and hissing until Vérzés finds himself ousted, forced aside by the queen's superior size. He flutters off to a nearby branch to nurse his wounded pride, whilst Vadir makes a show of polishing each gleaming talon with her tongue, her eyes fixed on the pegasus mare.

The mare comments on the dragons and then asks how he obtained them. Ah, this is a story he adores! "The red, I found when I was a few months old. I discovered his wild mother dying not too far from here, and he was her only surviving egg." He leaves out the part where he sat with the green as she died, protected her from any who might try to feast upon her flesh. That it too...soft. It is not a story he shares often, given how close it is to his heart. "The gold's mother was also a wild dragon, and I helped her fight off a pack of wolves from her clutch shortly after my second birthday." Vadir gives a proud chirp - Volterra has told her of her heritage before, and she's deeply delighted that she descends from a massive wild gold.

image credits

@Aelin

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
You say give me your hand. - by Aelin - 11-23-2016, 06:09 PM
RE: You say give me your hand. - by Volterra - 11-25-2016, 03:41 PM
RE: You say give me your hand. - by Aelin - 11-26-2016, 07:00 PM
RE: You say give me your hand. - by Volterra - 12-03-2016, 11:05 AM
RE: You say give me your hand. - by Aelin - 12-12-2016, 11:48 PM
RE: You say give me your hand. - by Volterra - 12-17-2016, 07:39 PM