the Rift

the truth never set me free [closed]

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica
F a e l e n e
the truth never set me free so i did it myself

The summons to the Throat, how far it was. Then she had taken a chance to glance at the territory, feeling quite out of place among the rock formations, and sand. She could not picture living there any better now, sadly. Especially, not with that black pegasus with the spear. The twinge of her shoulder she pressed the thought away. She doubted to even be remembered, and rather not think of such things. Those things were not good to think about, she knew that. The deep melody of his voice did not have to work for her attention. Good, she thought, though Leander didn't look seem like the cold could get to him. He had went to the icy cave, where they had met after all. "I do alright. I don't stay there all the time, and I am use to the cold," she said easily letting her voice keep it's warmth. She couldn't say it was exactly colder where she had been from, but not much different.

The foals had her worried because what part of it was she to be? This was more of a tangled mess, but she felt no anger just another question to how things would be. She had no idea how these children were, and was a bit skeptical this wouldn't be something else shoving them apart. She could tell he was trying to read her expression, would he realize there was too much there to know the whole story? Drawing herself to take composure she was open minded and listened. There was need for explaination, but she felt a bit of guilt for not taking it more lightly. Leander surely had his reasons, when he further explained she saw why he had. It was strange. Was he father to them? Or just a guardian? He soon answered the question, and she swallowed back a stale breath. She supposed if she had found them she would have done something too. They had foals in the Steppe, and she could not imagine them orphans. She had been one herself, and the hope of a kind stranger meant the world to a lost child."That's sad, they were lucky you found them." Her tone dropped, losing the lift it had, and she met his lightened gaze. It was hard when he looked to her like that, if she could rise or lower his heart. Part of her thought that wasn't true, it seemed if she were unhappy wouldn't he be?

Knowledge of their age helped, but how big was his heart and theirs for a dark coated mare with red hair and a horn? Though, she wasn't sure what kind they were it was odd to have this family she could be a part of. A tip of her chin, a tuck of her ears she attempted to smile to ease his mind, sooth his worries. He was being honest with her, not trying to hide it...pretend it didn't exist. Yes, Leander was noble wanting to do the right thing. How did he know what that was all the time? His question, a soft laugh played from her throat. "I do not hate them, I am fond of young ones, I'm not sure the same can be said and that worries me." She was talking about his adopted ones, she had yet to met a child with an ill temper. They surely had to exist too. Taking a step, she wiggled her nose fondly against his in a side to side brushing motion. Facing him again, with a smile of strength she said,"There is so much I don't know about you. I am glad you told me. I just well, it's not something I expected and I wish I could help you. I don't know how."

it's very lovely.

Messages In This Thread
the truth never set me free [closed] - by Faelene - 10-27-2012, 06:52 PM
RE: the truth never set me free [Leander] - by Faelene - 11-09-2012, 12:48 AM