the Rift

the truth never set me free [closed]

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica
<3 it's alright, no rush. I hope this isn't to rough and choppy. o.o I wanted to get it up.
F a e l e n e
the truth never set me free so i did it myself

Faelene had thought it would be hard to be happy with cloudy thoughts only tucked away. The red maned mare couldn't deny his sincere, patient heart and how it gave her strength. It only made her want to be that more cautious, that more careful. This wasn't game, and she would hate for anything to break that golden heart.

It shouldn't be a surprise he worried about her in the cold lands. It was something she wouldn't get use to, his compasion for her of all Unicorns. "Yes, it has not been the kindest, and why I venture from there now and again." This wouldn't make him any less worried if she was correct about his character, but what could she say? There were plenty of reasons she was there, and there was no reason to voice them again. There came a softened pained expression to his golden face, and a dark brow furrowed in question. With his deep voice came reason for his expression, again an invitation. This one did not seem as permanant, and it actually made her think about it. Before she would have swept it away, but truth be told she would like to see it. There was stillness to her facade, she tossed a few words round in her mind."It would be nice for some change, and to see the Dragon's Throat." Tensely she cleared her own throat, "I couldn't say when that will be." What she would be doing the rest of the season remained a guess, but trying to keep what bonds she had, and gain more. Faelene knew how much farther the Throat was from here. She would have to stay just to make the trip back. There would be no promise, but she hoped he understood she would try. After all she had came this far to see him, and was not toting a sharp tongue.

Talk of the foals continued, she could tell he was fond of them and she tried to hold onto the details he gave. A sister, and brother. By the mark of his tone, it was plain to see how much he wanted to ease that for her to, and make it alright. Something she loved and hated at the same time. It reminded her too much how they walked on eggshells with each other. How he seemed to want to keep the balance. It made her feel undeserving of such a sweet heart. "Sounds like you don't have too much to worry about. And sound like they won't stare funny at me," she let out a short chuckle, trying to picture what they looked like. She could only guess. Slowly her faint, silver irises lingered upon his, hoping he would see she would get use to the idea. Faelene actually adored children, but the memories tied with them were both beautiful and tragic.

The heat from his breath stroked against the black of her lips, and she let out a soft laugh at the strange sensation. This time she did not draw away, but closer. The warmth of his touch was what she had been craving, what she had missed even if hardly knowing it. She tucked herself to his side, letting him play with her blood red mane. And with her dark ears turned back she listened to his steady voice, and gently caressed his withers. There had been things she meant to ask, but her brain was a bit muddled being so close to his towering form, and the way that word slipped so easy from his tongue. "For now I happy to be with you." Slowly she went to say more but paused when he spoke again. Tracing circles on his golden pelt, she imagined plenty of things that would call for concern. What could she say to ease his mind? That task was hard, and she dropped her head slightly down, turning to see his face. "The weather is unpleasant, I don't see why they would want too travel far...I wish I could say there are no demons that could do them harm, but I think we both know better."

Messages In This Thread
the truth never set me free [closed] - by Faelene - 10-27-2012, 06:52 PM
RE: the truth never set me free [Leander] - by Faelene - 11-20-2012, 01:20 AM