the Rift

NIGHT SCHOOL [healers, mandatory]

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
[Image: tilneigh_by_neverrmind-daljdjq.png]

The doctor stood below the glass though still among the trees, the greenery, the frost and earth. This was not an uncommon sight; not at all. To see the ginger one so enveloped by nature was how most might invision this flaxen patriarch - always  intertwined with vines and dappled by leaflight.
It was Frostfall that dulled the colours of his image and set Tilneys pelt as a beacon among the white exterior. Those greys and whites, the browns that filled the needletips on the connifers; a different kind of wonderland was the setting for this gathering.

The bat that held on tightly to the knocked tines of his bonded's antlers swayed and cooed when not a colleague approached, but sweet Maude. Flicking his wings and taking flight the young bat swooped towards the young one, giving chirps and yaps of joy to see the one he had watched from birth and grown alongside approach him.

"ah, elo!" the father cheered upon seeing Maude once again. He could swear she grew an inch every day, and a great deal more in the days they might go without seeing one another. Between his trips to the threshold and his conferences abroad at other herd lands, there was much time he missed out on with his young one. Her mane was lengthening and her tail was less a bunch of feathers than it had been a month ago. Her face became chiselled, her gaze sharper and fierce with beauty. What a wonderful young doe their Maude was becoming. "You have grown at least a half a hand since this morning!" the great chestnut cooed to her, extending his neck to envelope her in a gentle squeeze to his chest.

The second to approach was no surprise, it was the ever-faithful mare of grey and aqua. Lyanna, his most faithful colleague. Tilneys green eyes filled with a great sincerity and a happiness when the lovely mare came into view - she was someone he had great hopes and wishes for. These wishes included the obvious, the kind that involved her happiness and perhaps that she find success within her calling. "Lyanna, it's wonderful to see you". In truth, her simple question of how have you been was near impossible to answer; how on earth would he? And so it was something easily skipped, turning his attention as she did to little Maude. "This is my daughter" He uttered proudly.

Next to appear was dear Gawen, another he adored. Tilney was quite sure the young man would attend - there would be nothing keeping him. His wishes for that splashed boy was that his shell would eventually shatter and he could become all he wished, all he hoped and dreamed. These were thing's that Gawen could not accomplish on his own, however; Tilney was determined to help him even if it was in small nudges and hints that the boy did in fact have incredible worth and potential. "Gawen!" Tilney cheered when the colt approached "I'm so glad you are here, I was worried you wouldn't come! You are my favorite one, how could I have this meeting without my favorite nurse?"

A third participant approached, and Tilneys gaze turned much more sharply onto the womans cold appearance. She was someone he recognised and it wasn't as if he didn't think of mentioning this - instead, he stayed his tongue. Watching her closely, cautiously, Tilney allowed her introduction without an interruption of his own. Glacia was her name, he recalled it from a time seasons ago in an earlier winters tide when this mare had been a nurse - not that he'd ever seen her. "We are always looking for nurses, Glacia. We would be more than happy to have you join our team!" Tilneys tone was sincere though quite bright. He really was stoked that they now had a new recruit.

Tilneys gaze cast once more over the gardens, the glass behind him. Where was Evangeline? he expected she would be here by now, and Sacre? He was quite sure he would know if they were out on business. There was another nurse he had not yet met who was expected at the meeting also, but where on earth were they?
Sacres approach chipped at his worry but couldn't ease it entirely. He just hoped Evangeline was alright, and the nurse wherever he might be.
"Sacre, I'm glad you made it!" Tilney uttered to the stained man, a man he easily named among his friends. "I was just about to begin. Have you seen Eva? or Roux?" He thought he'd ask, but he wasnt hopeful.

"Now, about jobs" He began at a clear voice to the gathered party "Birdsong is on its way and so that means more births than usual! Lyanna and Glacia, would you like to prepare Cinnamon Fern bundles and deliver them to any expectant mothers in the herd during the coming months? Also creating a decoction of the cinnamon fern root to save for any problem births will be a difficult but perhaps necessary task"
"Sacre, you and I will be creating cedar heartwood decoctions for the warriors to take on their journeys and to any fights. It's a powerful local anaesthetic and with pine added, an antiseptic also and will make an essential for dressing wounds"

"And you two" Tilney looked towards Gawen and Maude, thinking of what sort of 'important job' he could give them "You both get half the garden each. Whoever weeds their patch fastest will win... a... special prize!"
He had no idea what that would be, but it would be incentive enough to get them to weed that sorry garden.

ooc;
elo - wow
★ Thankyou for making it everyone and so sorry for the late response; Initially I left it open a few days longer for Eva to respond but then I became very ill this past week and have only just managed to start replying again!
+Eva and Roux, you are very very late!
++wooo this is tilneys 200th post!

Jobs;
Lyanna and Glacia - pick cinnamon fern from the worlds edge, deliver to any expectant WE mares (currently; Rexanna).
Tilney and Sacre - greate cedar heartwood decoction, give to warriors (Nyx, Elsa, Auriel, Caenan, Roskuld)  

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Messages In This Thread
NIGHT SCHOOL [healers, mandatory] - by Tilney - 11-25-2016, 04:15 AM
RE: NIGHT SCHOOL [healers, mandatory] - by Maude - 11-28-2016, 11:49 AM
RE: NIGHT SCHOOL [healers, mandatory] - by Lyanna - 11-28-2016, 01:14 PM
RE: NIGHT SCHOOL [healers, mandatory] - by Gawen - 11-28-2016, 07:14 PM
RE: NIGHT SCHOOL [healers, mandatory] - by Glacia - 11-28-2016, 08:30 PM
RE: NIGHT SCHOOL [healers, mandatory] - by Sacre - 12-09-2016, 06:24 AM
RE: NIGHT SCHOOL [healers, mandatory] - by Tilney - 12-10-2016, 05:17 AM
RE: NIGHT SCHOOL [healers, mandatory] - by Ráeru - 12-20-2016, 10:03 PM