the Rift

the winds of winter [vol vs toulouse]

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind
Toulouse

Perhaps the snake need not reach for a crystal ball to predict the outcome of this scuffle. The beast that stood across the cleared plane glared with a bloodlust not even the vampire held in his own sight givers and held a stance Toulouse had only observed in trained warriors, one that expressed sheer prowess and indomitable strength. You mustn’t mistake the serpent’s admiration for complacency however; pay attention and note that the geldings torn flanks quiver and his nostrils scrunch with fear.

The boney structure that was Toulouse watched with a half-smile, dull eyes quaked and watered as he noted his opponents size again…and again.
This beast’s greatest attribute could contribute to a downfall - Toulouse knew all too well that it was the small and compact that could slink with speed and prance with precision without wasting eons of energy. Perhaps a few strikes of this mighty brutes hoof would see him tuckered out? The desert born blood that resided in the T’detan was a different story, one that perhaps needed no explanation. As if forged from fire the Akhal would always maintain fascinating endurance and the same could be said of the other components of his breed. It remained; Toulouse could dally for much longer than Goliath, not spending half as much of that precious stamina that resided in his blood bank.

The snakes thoughts crossed to his earlier attitude, one that would see him stride towards the dark one and strike him right in the flank. Why did he cower now that the time had come to fight? On the threshold of an energising battle was he not, this could be fun!
It was the prospect of losing that had finally found his previously senseless mind. How Toulouse hated to lose, and how he purely despaired over humiliation. One thing was for sure; The serpent refused to be embarrassed, he refused to be struck down on conniving terms or by brute force.
Not again.  Not ever again.

It all began too soon, yet too late. His opponent began a head on charge, feet splayed over the invisible ice as he commanded the ground to his side. Toulouse hardly knew how to respond other than to make himself an even smaller target, keeling back on his own two hocks and spreading his front legs for impact. Low to the ground and spread out there would be an easy opportunity for the warrior to ram him, but worse come to worse he would merely slide right away from him. Knocked like a hockey puck the palomino was sent a small number of yards away, sharp hooves creating an awful scraping noise on the glass-like ice as he skidded. Next came the awful scraping strike of the Indomitable’s hoof, leaving a minimal amount of blood but a soreness in his knee especially. The attack though, it did not cause a cry of pain or any yelp… it caused the gilded one to laugh. He didn’t enjoy it, He was reasonable frightened if anything, yet he laughed.

Already Toulouse’s thoughts were past defence. What would the attack of his own be? How could he keep what he assumed to be an inevitable defeat less brutal? And so he slinked away from the black one and spoke. Perhaps it was to distract him, confuse him even, but mainly he just didn’t want this stag to walk away with such a wonderful victory.
“Might you be so kind as to share what you know about fighting, sir?” The palomino queried. “I could use some instruction.”

It was not a moment later that the gelding took a leap forwards, front hooves landing one after the other parallel to those of his opponent. Without a second passing the brute struck his sharp hooves upwards in an attempt to totally envelop the equine’s neck  and hold him against his jaws as if he were the prey he commonly feasted on. Without any further hesitation the vampire let his hidden weapons attempt the damage. Two wolf-like fangs that replaced his canines were always hidden in his gums, but no longer. Opening his jaws as wide as they could the gilded gelding attempted to throttle the stag with his own teeth and blade-like fangs, hoping that it would pierce the delicate veins that resided in his throat. Leaning over the brute and clamping at his trachea; it was not an easy position to maintain.

-------

1/3 - 741 words.
Okay! ★ Toulou doesn't want to lose lmao so he wants Vol to teach him as they fight to make losing less bad. You can decide whether Vol does or just gets on with fighting him!
had to change my table bc the other one I don't have saved and i cant edit the post obvs so :SSSS I hate changing tables lmao it looks so silly.
summary; Toulouse braces in the ice but takes Vols attack and skids, then speaks to him and leaps over to try to bite his trachea/throat.

x
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Messages In This Thread
RE: the winds of winter [vol vs toulouse] - by Toulouse - 12-15-2016, 04:40 AM