the Rift

the winds of winter [vol vs toulouse]

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind
Toulouse
tinker tailor soldier sailor rich man poor man beggar man thief.

The serpent was most pleased with his blow against the brute, however difficult it had been. All the while the pain delved deep within his chest from the slam he had received earlier - he could still feel it, it radiated up through his muscles and into the very structure and supports of his throat. It was terrifying how quickly his fear turned to admiration for the stallion to inflict this terrifying amount of pain upon him - was it because he solely wished he himself could do that? The power in the black one’s moves against him were truly superior to many other’s he’d battled again in his life.

The mountain of blackened fur, hair and dripping blood soon spoke. It came as thunder without brontide, deep and blocked. Toulouse almost felt like apologising to this great battle-master for wounding him so - surely he would pay greatly for making such a bold move.
"Evidently you don't need educating”
had been the words of the crow, the candescent blood flood staining the porcelain they stood upon. Toulouse’s own lung heaved in and out, pressing through his ribs against the monolithic waves of pain that tightened every inch of his chest.

The blood that fell and flooded their battleground might be perceived by some as a weakness or some disgusting bodily fluid. To Toulouse it was his source of life, and there was nothing stopping the monster from securing his gaze wantonly upon the gash he had created in his opponent’s neck. It trickled and dripped; even his ears quivered at the minute sound of the drops when they pattered upon the snow. The plasma staining his maw had already been licked up, his blank eyes remaining transfixed even as the stag took his next swing.

Toulouse had no time to react - he was frozen in lust for that beautiful sanguine drink, only knocked out of his trance-like state when the Indomitable slammed his coal black hooves once again into his chest.

Staggering to the snow and sleet below, the glassy-eyes gelding let out a howl. Completely winded, choked and shocked far beyond belief, the vampire tried to let out the air from his lungs - only he had none. Gasping desperately, this was when the message finally arrived in his brain of even more pain. A large wound now lay in the centre of his chest, muscle-deep and rippling towards his neck. Clearly he did need educating; on how to control these hideous trances he found himself in so often.

Moments passed and the stag still half-lay on the snow, feeling somewhat beaten - it was his pride more than his body, however. This was a loss he must take it seemed. Or he could try once more?
His dignity would suffer all the more were he to give up now.

With a great heave, a small cry escaping his throat, the serpent crawled to his feet. If there was any deity watching, he hoped they would preserve him just for this one attack to save what was left of his pride, his conviction, and faith. With the air in his lungs only bruising them further and the great muscle-deep gash in his chest, Toulouse knew a head-on attack was not wise at all. He would use his best asset; that of deception.

He began by limping in the direction of the stranger, the one who had beaten him to this state, albeit he did exaggerate quite drastically. He might appear mortally wounded to most - it was as he approached (if his opponent allowed him to) that he gave the slightest groan, trying to pass right under the warriors nose. It was then, hardly a moment later that Toulouse lent all his strength to his back end, leaning on his injured forelegs for only a moment as he attempted a similar move to the one just struck upon him by the tall fighter. Trying his damnedest, Toulouse attempted to strike the creature directly in the eye, the jaw, the face! Anywhere that would call immeasurable weakness. This was not over yet.

--------
2/3 - 684 words.
thankyou so much, i really cant thank you enough for explaining this to me so much! This has been so helpful, especially the explanation of the rolls and how each number should correspond to like a different level of damage - i had no idea how much was what until you told me!  

x
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Messages In This Thread
RE: the winds of winter [vol vs toulouse] - by Toulouse - 01-19-2017, 01:42 PM