the Rift

never fear, little one

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

He wasn’t the only one to find the sight of the striped stallion curious enough to investigate - but then, new faces always drew a crowd in the Threshold, whether they wished it or not. He wouldn’t doubt it if someone else, beyond the butterfly-winged mare appeared before very long. He even cast a curious look behind him, checking to see if his thoughts would somehow encourage another face to materialize from the trees surrounding them.

Although Mesec hung back, Myrrine (as she introduced herself) boldly invaded the personal space of the small stallion. But, he supposed, a mare with butterfly wings was difficult to find intimidating. He frowned slightly to himself but did not comment on the matter, his attention instead focused on the stranger and gauging his comfort level.

Mesec felt bad because he did not recognize Myrrine at all, and she claimed to recognize him. Perhaps, like Tiamat, she had met his children and recognized the distinct silver and black colouration? This didn’t seem the time to inquire, however, and instead he joined in with the introductions. “It’s very nice to meet you, Arihari. And you as well, Myrrine. My name’s Mesec.” He smiled at them both, dipping his silver-touched head in politeness before his soft gaze focused on Arihari once more. The small stallion did not seem to recognize the name Helovia, and it made Mesec curious about where he might have come from. How big was the world beyond this forest? “Like Myrrine said, this is Helovia - it stretches from here to the coast in the west, and a little north and south to the oceans there as well.” That was, Mesec thought, the least overwhelming way to describe the land that Arihari had walked into. A quick introductory course on a land that could get very complicated very fast.

“I..” He stumbled, hesitation interrupting the sentence that had been forming before his thoughts reorganized and he tried again. He really was out of practice with this whole ‘Helovia Welcome Wagon’ culture that existed in the Threshold. “I’m from a herd land called the World’s Edge - it’s on the western coast, a rich place of forests - and you’d be welcome to spend some time there, even if you’re looking for somewhere safe to rest.” If Arihari had not been heading anywhere in particular there wasn’t anything Mesec could do to help him get back on track, so he hoped the offer of a haven, if not a home, would at least be something on the right track. He was careful to keep his tone gentle and unassuming, only wishing to try to be of some help if he could.

Oh, I see stars rushing through my mind, colours have no time to fade
Oh, I found out there's another side where the sea and sky collide

artwork by Nikkayla

@Myrrine
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
never fear, little one - by Arihari - 11-27-2016, 12:11 PM
RE: never fear, little one - by Mesec - 11-27-2016, 01:50 PM
RE: never fear, little one - by Myrrine - 11-27-2016, 02:08 PM
RE: never fear, little one - by Arihari - 11-27-2016, 04:10 PM
RE: never fear, little one - by Mesec - 11-27-2016, 08:19 PM