the Rift

[OPEN] Take what you can

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra
Syrena
let the water take me
“I am not most adults,” she says simply. Because this is terribly true. Even in Helovia, she is rather unique. Without manners or social graces, half fish (siren and kelpie, but without her powers she might as well be half fish), and generally impossible to be around. Children don’t think quite so hard about the lack of emotion on her face and in her voice though. They don’t waste time with small talk. And truthfully, they are smart. This one is full of words, running a mile a minute, and she can’t quite keep up. Some words make it in, others drift past her ears. But she catches enough of it.

He may have a lot of questions, but they weren’t necessarily bad questions. Did any of the adults she knew wonder about why the gods kept them around? Why they didn’t just crush the measly little mortals under their feet? Probably not.

“There are lands outside Helovia. I used to travel many of them, moving from place to place. I am sure I have not seen them all.” So many of the lands Helovia’s hail from were unknown to her. Any that did not touch the sea would have slipped past her notice. Others? She was not sure even she could have traveled the whole world, even when her powers were intact. “Your father wants you safe, I imagine. My mother never cared what I did. There are pros and cons to each style of parenting.”

For instance, you could grow up alone like she did, and end up like her. Basically inept at small talk and social cues. Preferring the company of your own shadow. Though too sheltered, and how could you ever learn to navigate the world for yourself? Not that she’s ever put much thought into parenting. It’s not like she’s dying to be a mother.

“In Helovia, there are four gods. The Earth God, the patron of the Hidden Falls and the god I serve. The Time God, who created the Aurora Basin, and the Sun God from the Dragon’s Throat. And of course, your goddess, who did indeed make this tunnel.” She knew a bit of a Time God, the most the Earth God, some of his goddess. The Sun God was a complete stranger to her, his stories still missing from her slowly growing collection.

She ponders his question more, wondering why the Gods keep them around. It’s not like she can know, not really, but she can speculate at least. “Perhaps we are like children to them. Why does you father keep you around? He does not need you as you need him. But I assume he loves you, that you bring him pride and joy.” Though perhaps it is some entirely different reason. She will never know for sure, but she can offer her thoughts.

"words"

darya87 | larfsalot
on deviantart

@Zubari

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Messages In This Thread
Take what you can - by Syrena - 11-28-2016, 07:51 PM
RE: Take what you can - by Zubari - 12-01-2016, 11:57 PM
RE: Take what you can - by Syrena - 12-28-2016, 11:36 AM
RE: Take what you can - by Zubari - 01-01-2017, 10:57 PM