the Rift

[PRIVATE] everybody wants to rule the world [SPARK]

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

Rikyn

The seaside curves, the soft beach becoming stone melded into the jutting mass of sea cooled magma where the Gods can, sometimes, anyway, be seen.  Having not come this way since Duir’s hatching, the buck is full of anxiety about the open space, and a sheer, elated curiosity at what awaits him.  He, unlike myself, has never seen a God in the flesh, and he has spent most of the morning puzzling over what, exactly, a God must be like.

Clattering together, our hooves carry us towards the quiet stones, the Storm’s cracked shrine still shrouded in the peculiar, blue flowers it always is.  Almost every time I come here, I can’t help but wonder as to whether they’d still be there in the winter; though I wasn’t entirely sure, I was willing to bet they were.

The sea breeze whispers through, tousling the tangles of my mane.  When I’d come here last, I’d been a child, small and unsure about what I truly wanted from the world.  Like only a child could, I’d asked for a means to avoid my mother, and wound up invisible, soundless, and scentless to everyone in the world.  I cruelly realized mere weeks later that losing her was, in fact, quite painful, and not something I should have been asking after to begin with.  Surely the Time God had foreseen her leaving Helovia, and knew that I would follow her, I think to myself, looking at his stone with a sad smile that mocks the little boy who’d once fallen to his knees in this very spot.

It had been easy to doubt God and fate when I was little.  Now, more and more with each passing day, I was sure that some unseen thing guided our paths.  I knew better than to think that I could ever begin to understand even the tiniest bit of what someone who was master of Time could, now that I’d had, well, some time of my own.  Not that it keeps me from being disillusioned about how very wonderful I am - it simply stops me from being disrespectful to a being that could, quite literally, undo my birth with a flash of white light.

Alongside me, my buck’s tail spins excitedly, his heart hammering with building tension to such a degree that I can feel its pulse where his shoulder touches my leg.  I tuck my chin into my chest and bow, opening one eye briefly to make sure Duir is doing the same before I begin to talk at the stone.  Not really sure if I should be focusing most of my mental energy on communicating mentally or not, I do so anyway, all while remaining wary for random assaults (which I seem oddly prone to).

"Lord Time," I begin, the smallest mirthful snort rising from my buck, finding it odd enough of me to speak to anyone with such humility to laugh mid-prayer, I guess, "would you be willing to speak to a Nobody again?"

The question is asked with the faintest of smiles, one of Duir’s green eyes popping open to look over at me curiously from where he is still politely bowed.  A Nobody?  Since when has Rikyn called himself a Nobody?

[ Turning in his quest from October/September five bajillion years ago because I'm blond.
Dark x Shock | Can take on the voice and appearance of individuals anytime after physically touching them for three or more seconds. ]
[ Restrictions: Can only "recall" three forms. Form can only be used once without him touching the person again. ]

Using a VoTG pass to quest for an upgrade to his secondary magic!
Magic Upgrade: Dark x Shock | Pulse Upgrade: Increases the involuntary reaction so that the involuntary reactions also cause cellular damage, rather than just a lack of control. Potential effects include blurry vision, head ache, muscular pain or spasms, ect. ]

’cause we need a little controversy

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Spark

"Is this supposed to be some kind of comedic set up? You know, I say Gee, you sure did take your time, and then you say something about how I am time, and we all have a good laugh and I overlook the fact that you've taken almost three years, to complete what was one of the easiest assignments I've ever given out?"

Clearly the God was not impressed, and as he materialized in a static snarl of sparks, the look on his face matched the sarcastic tone he had begun addressing Rikyn with.

Because of weird things that happened, Rikyn now has three magics but only two magic slots. So this magic will be added to Bunnie's record, and will automatically be applied to Rikyn as soon as he acquires a third magic slot. The God cocked a hip, and despite the fact that he literally couldn't look down on Rikyn due to his size, somehow managed it just the same. 

"Care to fill me in, on how a task which was meant to take one season to complete, was stretched out into three years? " He actually sounded as if he was interested to know. It wasn't because Rikyn had merely been a keener, and had decided to be the most studious little ghost that he could be - far from it. From what the God had seen and heard, Rikyn had done as he was instructed and then just ... went about his business. The God supposed that was his prerogative, but it irked him none the less. 

Image Credits
FOXX

Rikyn

The arrival of the God is much different than it had been the first time.

Sure, I’d known he’d probably be mad that at it had taken so long, but he also knows exactly why I’d thought it might be okay. In fact, he makes it a joke, one that makes both Duir and I’s eyes widen with its sarcastic bite. My ears are tilted back in worry, his final question and glowering, electric eyes boring through me.

Somehow, I manage to lift my mandible back into its proper place. My thoughts reel at an uncomfortably fast rate to try and piece together the maelstrom of events that have made up the first few years of my life. Swallowing back down my heart from where it’s flown up behind my eyeballs, I take a deep breath.

"Well, my mother abandoned me, and dad... Everyone, really. Tried to, anyway, ‘cause I followed her," I begin, and Duir looks over at me with surprise, having been told very, very little about my life without him (explains a lot hums his thoughts among the many thousand of my own), "I got lost, of course. I don’t know what I was thinking, in retrospect. Of course I was going to get lost…"

Why so open? my buck wonders of me for a moment, before getting a good look at the glower on the God’s face, and taking note of the bright fear, and equally foreign respect, roiling beneath my quickly turning thoughts.

"Anyway, one thing led to another, and when I came back to Helovia," and saw you last, whilst slaying a giant Bear God and all, I want to say, but don’t, because well, he already knows, "everything was sort of crazy, as I’m sure you are well aware. And when she came back, I…"

I look down at my hooves, not wanting a God to see how badly I’d wanted to talk her into staying, or the faint gleam that threatens to build in my golden eyes. I’d followed her again, hoping to convince her, and she… well. She obviously wasn’t here now, was she?

"I guess I never really found my way after all," I admit, looking back at the Time God, "and maybe I still haven't. I’m here now, though, and I’ll do whatever it takes to prove to you that I am no longer the foolish little boy who stood here three years ago."

@God of the Spark

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Helovian Ancient
Admin

God of the Spark

The God listened. Oh yes, he knew all of Rikyn's past failures and heartbreaks. Mommy issues, daddy issues, poor me. He'd seen it all ahead of time, and while it wasn't his place to let the mortals know about their futures unless it was absolutely necessary, but even so, he'd felt a twinge of regret for the boy. However that empathy was not large enough to extend over three years, and so the God's stare remained as unimpressed as it had when Rikyn first jumped into his tale of woe and misery.

"Time is what you took for granted Rikyn." The God said finally, and though his face was still stony looking, his voice was a good deal softer than it had been. "You thought there was time to chase after the shadows of your family, time to return and mend yourself and your relationships here. Time to return to me without consequences. But you see, Time is not just something that you have. Time is something that has you, and where you decide to invest your time is often a weightier decision than most give it credit for. Spending even one second of the time you have, can change everything."

He should know. He was the God of fucking Time after all. "So if you want to prove to me that you've grown up, then do just that. Grow up. Use your time wisely from now on. That is how I know you've left your foolish self behind, and that is when you'll be ready for the magic that should have been yours long ago."

With a flick of his tail, the God's cold gaze watched the unicorn for his reaction. Would he whine? Stomp his hooves and accuse the God of being unfair? Time would tell. 

"Anything else?"

Remember not to tag the God accounts! Only Mythical Request!

Image Credits
FOXX

Rikyn

Thankfully, it seems like he’s not that upset with me, after all. I’m still here, for one, and not blasted into star dust (or whatever makes up our bodies and souls), his imposing stare still driving into me. For whatever reason, though, his voice is much less, well, thunderous when he replies, though the same stern stiffness remains in each of his features.

So I listen when he speaks. I mean, actually listen, not trailing off into my head on what I will say next, or looking at the distant, mental images his words inspire. Though they still rise to mind, Time a flowing ribbon of snow folded tight about my body, carrying me swiftly down a mountainside, I am still following him when he tells me the most important thing he says. Well, as I take it, anyway, which is: spending even one second of the time you have, can change everything.

The image of the avalanche of life arrives back to me, a single second sending me leaping away or towards the obstacles that Time would have safely steered me away from. How many different ways down the mountain were there? I think, looking down at my hooves as he tells me I just need to grow up, and use my time more wisely. He’s not giving me my magic until I can prove that I have, at least somewhat, figured life out.

It’s hard to make decisions about something as chaotic and swift as an avalanche though. It’s not like I have the option to just walk back up the mountain at any point, like he does, walking abreast the wild torrent that is the flow of the world. I have to just… go, where ever it will take me, like he said, using what little choice I have to find the proper place to stop.

"Yeah, if it's not too much, considering everything else," I say, dragging myself out of the torrent of thoughts and ideas luring me deep inside myself, looking up at the God when he asks if I need anything else (ask him why the stars are different! mentally chimes Duir, which I ignore), "I would like to learn more about my other abilities, and would be greatly honored if you would help me. I would like to be more effective while using it, particularly in battle."

So I don't get beat up by girls on beaches, I flatly think, my buck’s lips curving into a humorous smile (which I don’t notice). I guess, also, to help kick ass in the Time God's name if he needed me to (as I'd already done once).

While the nuances behind my mind and body manipulation powers are certainly curious, it’s the other magic that has been most useful to me, requiring far less thought than the first. Besides, I’m pretty sure how the first functions, being so mentally involved in its casting. The second is far swifter, like a white hot flash of lightning, rather than the long rumble of thunder, and much more difficult to study as a direct result.

"I am more curious about the secondary power," I tell him, feeling my will touch upon the quick spark inside me, a wicked smile appearing on my lips.

[ OOC: oops xD ]
@Mythical Request

Wishlist - Plots

Helovian Ancient
Admin

God of the Spark

Well, that was a step in the right direction. Would the God have been surprised if Rikyn had thrown a minor tantrum in response to the God's words? No of course not. It was the nature of the mortals to be greedy and short-sighted, and as much as he condemned them for it, he didn't necessarily fault them. They were hard wired to demand what they thought owed to them, and Rikyn had indeed done what the God had asked and should have been receiving his magic today. But the world worked in fickle ways.

That Rikyn was possibly starting to see that, or if nothing else, that he put his trust in the God, was a pleasing first step towards the sort of long-sight the God was trying to reveal to him.

The Spark's ears perked forward as the stallion continued. So he wanted to learn, did he? Good, The God thought with a rough smile on his dark tinged lips. "So go learn about it." The God began, grinning. "There are two parts to the magic that has drawn your curiousity: an involuntary response, and a lack of control" Some might think those were nearly the same, but they weren't. And Rikyn was about to find that out. "Take this-" The God offered the unicorn a flawed blue stone. "Next time you find yourself curious, have someone touch the centre of the stone, and find out what it feels like to experience these involuntary responses you inflict upon others*. Do this three times. Before or after, whichever you prefer, find yourself in a situation where you have no control. Perhaps it is because you've freely given it up, perhaps it is taken from you. Perhaps you had no control to begin with. But experience that sense of powerlessness twice. Then return to me, and we'll see what you've learned."

The God's short tail flicked around his backside. Rikyn would either take the easy way out with this quest, or he would learn something. Either way, it was no longer up the God now to help guide the stallion.

"And Rikyn?" The God's eyes looked cold and hard, but glistened with amusement. "Try not to take so long this time, eh?"

In 3 threads, Rikyn must have another touch his stone. He will then experience an involuntary reaction (either you can choose what it is, or your RP partner can! It can be things that his magic doesn't control (like hysterical laughter, crying, fear) or things that it does (loss of movement, increased heartbeat, etc). In 2 threads Rikyn must experience a situation where he has no control - whether that be because he has given up control to another, where he has control taken from him, or where he had no control to begin with.

Image Credits
FOXX

Rikyn

Trust.

What a funny word, it is. As a child, I’d given it away as easily as it seemed I’d been given it, but, slowly, Time’s river had gnawed away the edges of that bond between others, and left it frayed, and weary. I figured, from observation and conversation, mostly, that others, too, had felt their sturdy towers shudder beneath loss, and pain, and had become all the more secluded for it, as I had. Fewer of them, still, had felt treachery shake their foundations, but they all knew its name. They all feared the searing touch of its blade.

Did I trust the God of the Spark?

Somewhat, I suppose. He had been an ever present figure of my life, even dwelling in my thoughts while I served the First Gods in their sacred wood. Helovia had mostly lanced those notions out of my head, faith easy to forget in the absence of its truth. Here, there was no Star Pool, no Vaelenne, and her endless wisdom. Here, in Helovia, I had only the Four’s shrines, and the lightning-eyes of Time, piercing through my soul.

Smiling, because the God is at last smiling, the heavy beats of my heart ease into a more comfortable pace, now that his glower is tucked away, behind that grin. Taking the stone her proffers me, feeling its rough edges against my soft lips, my smile falling away around the odd shape as he speaks of helplessness.

What the literal no? I don’t want to do that at all!

You gonna make him mad again, calmly, logically, asserts Duir. Dropping the stone at my hooves, I glumly return my eyes to the God, swallowing down all my protests (though, surely, they linger in my expression). However, my smile flickers back to life at his conclusive joke, and my own, long tail dances with slow arcs behind me, a low dip of my crown given the deity.

"Of course not," I say, nodding, as if the gesture adds validity to my mortal promise (ha, what are those to Gods, anyway?), "I will be swift. Thank you, Lord Time, for the opportunity."

Or die trying to be swift, anyway, if certain people get a hold of this thing... I think, bowing a formal farewell to the divine, and picking up the blue stone in the gesture.

Wishlist - Plots