[OPEN] A long way from home [any]

Sheba Posts: 114
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 13 :: Frostfall HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Minou :: Ocelot :: Sing Shady
Sheba
another ticking bomb to bury deep and detonate

“What is your distraction, Sheba? Do you have one?”

Ah, and there it was: the reason that she didn’t offer life advice. It always got too personal. Give them an inch, and they always took a mile. If December thought that she was about to get touchy-feely, however, she was sorely mistaken. The old mare shook her head, sidestepping the question with one of her own. “Do I look distracted to you?” she asked, opening her eyes and turning to regard her companion with a dubious look. The question was meant to be rhetorical, yet the gaze that met hers was so honest, so earnest…sighing, she changed tactics and softened her answer a little. While she might not do life advice, she’d give December one last pearl of wisdom, if only because she detested the idea of being indebted to her for…well, whatever it was she had done today. 

“Though I may not look it now, I was a great beauty once,” the hag admitted, joints creaking as she turned back around. If she was going to yield another inch, the giantess certainly wasn’t going to get the added emotional perk of looking deep into her eyes for this. “Beauty often helps one forget loneliness,” Sheba went on, tone carefully detached. “Of course,” she concluded, “We all are equipped to handle loneliness differently. I’ve never been one to put the responsibility for my wellbeing on anyone else—there are some whose whole worlds would fall apart at the first sign of deception or disloyalty. Others disappoint. Perhaps the sooner they’d learn that, the less lonely they would be.”

The old mare snorted for emphasis before settling again, cocking a back hoof and closing her eyes. There was no reason to go on and risk riling herself up, lest she give the giantess reason to believe she doth protest too much. She wasn’t about to break down and confess her entire life story to a near stranger—or to anyone, for that matter. Sheba was a secretive creature by nature, and she had locked away the most painful of memories from even herself. If there had been a distraction once, the past would remain in the past, and she would let sleeping dogs lie.

"speech"

OOC: much shorter than I wanted, but goshdarnit Sheba clams up about feelings

Image Credits || original coding by Tamme; modified by Shady

@December
Please tag Sheba in all posts!

Messages In This Thread
A long way from home [any] - by Sheba - 11-29-2016, 04:50 PM
RE: A long way from home [any] - by December - 11-29-2016, 07:33 PM
RE: A long way from home [any] - by Sheba - 11-29-2016, 08:18 PM
RE: A long way from home [any] - by December - 11-30-2016, 10:49 PM
RE: A long way from home [any] - by Sheba - 12-01-2016, 12:52 AM
RE: A long way from home [any] - by December - 12-01-2016, 01:26 AM