the Rift

The Wolf and The Wight

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
maybe I'm a ghost
just a whisper in a puff of smoke

At the sound of the girls humming Ghost shifted her gaze to better view her first greeter, a rosy pale thing with a hellion by her side, she smiled—she hadn’t seen many hell dogs in her time. Even as the blood dripped down its lips she found it intriguing, apparently her uncle had one, but she had never come across d’Artagnan and the dog, beautiful as it was, was always going to be second to the friend who hovered next to her. Fantôme’s piercing yellow gaze stared hungrily at the hound’s dinner, wondering if she would share, as a low growl rumbled under his breath. Frowning at him, Ghost shook her head before considering the girl before her, a small smile accompanying her prying eyes as she cut straight to the question “you” she answered. Ghost didn't know why she was in Helovia in particular, other than it was home, but the immediate question as to why she was in the Threshold was simply in search of those who came by looking for recruits. She had been away a while and those who sought the new blood for their herds might also give her a sense of what her homeland was up to now. 

Hotaru, Lady of the Basin. Ah, so this was the northern leader? Ghost had had past dealings with many herds apart from Aurora Basin, by personal choice, she had always presumed that's where her mother lived. That evil wench's whole purpose in life was to kill her Uncle after all. Of course, that wasn't the case anymore and the Basin had simply become another herd to the Cadaverous. She dipped her head slightly in acknowledgement, how honoured she was that a Lady had deigned to descend from her high tower and greet her in this plain forest "I'm Ghost" she offered in introduction. It was simple, now she did not belong anywhere, no title to tack on the end, though her legend always lingered with her if she wanted it to or not.  

Though the Cadaverous didn't get chance to elaborate more as they were joined by another and this one Ghost truly recognised. It was a vague and distant memory, but there all the same and the banshee wondered if Syrena remembered the dark mare who had once led the Hidden Falls, the same mare who had greeted her that day by the waterfall and the very mare who had lost the Falls under Archibald's cruel hooves. Sometimes Ghost thought back to that battle and cringed, wondering how on earth the Dauntless hadn't killed her, she deserved to be killed back then, for her ignorance alone. Yet, she had survived to be here now, being faintly recognised by old herd mates—that was her legacy. 

"I imagine you might" she replied to Syrena dryly with a half-smile, even if she wasn't worth remembering "I was a Czarina once" she didn't really know how to explain more than that. It was soul destroying to remember her own incompetence, but maybe the greater forces above thought she needed the character building. Yet, now the onus was on her to guide the conversation, but there were things she wanted to know first "how is the Hidden Falls?" she asked. Ghost often wondered what had happened to it since her leaving.

"and the Basin?" how ironic, to be met by her old herd mate as well as an old invader. Did Hotaru really not know her? Was she not there in the invasion? Ghost couldn't remember, she only remembered Archibald from that day, there wasn't much time for her to take in anyone else. "It has been a while since I returned here" she mulled thoughtfully, looking around at the snowy landscape. 

BRITTT & KYRAAA <3
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Messages In This Thread
The Wolf and The Wight - by Ghost - 11-29-2016, 07:15 PM
RE: The Wolf and The Wight - by Hotaru - 11-29-2016, 07:39 PM
RE: The Wolf and The Wight - by Syrena - 11-30-2016, 12:07 PM