the Rift

The Wolf and The Wight

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
maybe I'm a ghost
just a whisper in a puff of smoke

Ghost had found, during her seasons away in self-reflection and aimless travels, that she had an increasingly corrosive nature the more she aged, her cynicism increased and she twisted herself, scornful and cold, closer to the sarcastic side of her damned family. Maybe this was her true destiny; to be a cantankerous witch that only got worse with each passing year. “Me? My, how forward” yes, she thought curling her lips to the satyric mare—you. Though Ghost had to disagree partly with Hotaru, she had no idea what she sought, but that was by-the-by, where she would best be of use was the place Ghost would go. It was then that the ashes of her legend was stirred from the abyss and she stifles a sigh, of course, that cumbersome title still lingered here. At least outside of this world she had simply been Ghost, that part she would miss. Always these folk were intent on using it as an address, as if she looked like a walking corpse, she certainly felt like one. Perhaps it fit her after all. She shrugged her irritation of it aside, it was bitter nonsense on her part and she would not be ruled by the fool in her anger. 

The banshee, however, couldn't stop the wistful look that melted onto her face when this blushed Lady of the Basin so softly hummed of the battle they never clashed in. "I would have preferred to have met you" she replied quite regretfully, still feeling the pound of that over-grown clod's hooves as they had slammed into her, she went down gloriously—but defeats were defeats no matter how glorious they were. Maybe Hotaru might think her too forward again, perhaps she was some kind of battle veteran, Ghost didn't know, but on the cover of it the thief would have chosen this Lady over the Dauntless.

When Ghost regarded Syrena again she couldn't help but think I knew a mare like you once. In fact, this elder reminded her of the way she had once been, vague and emotionless. She had followed Seele around like a second shadow and not really cared for the world around her, she did as she was commanded until that faith was rewarded when Midas had invited her forward to stand as his equal. Everything from then onwards changed her forever and still, sometimes, she missed that stubborn girl who lived to be unseen and unheard, quietly doing the Necromancer's bidding. She wondered what had happened to Archibald and the rest of his invading force.

One says much and the other little, from what the thief can gather Helovia must be in one of its peaceful moments, she didn't know the names of the two Falls rulers though she recognised Deimos, not entirely surprised that the Reaper still weathered his Lordship in the north. She found both mares to be enticing in their own ways, neither were open books, but there was enough that Ghost settled into their company with relative ease and curiousity. The deciding factor would be fuelled by her past, did she return to her former home that she had been ousted from or did she travel to the now all-species accepting Basin, whose founders had outcast her too for the feathers that grew from her sides. In the end, Ghost didn't feel like she could yet return to the Hidden Falls, she had been defeated spectacularly there after all and returning almost felt like a betrayal of kind, even though it was now long in the past. The place was a constant reminder of all her weaknesses and Ghost doubted she would be able to perform under the self-loathing it inspired in her. She remembered Elsa and Essetia, they had left as she had, it wouldn't be like the home she knew, there was no Seele or Midas. 

She shifted the weight of her compass before speaking "I will go where I feel I will best be of use" she declared solemnly, offering Syrena a wry smile "it would be nice to return to the Falls again, but my conscience still bothers me" she admitted truthfully. All in all the banshee wasn't entirely certain how to put her thoughts into words so she left it at that, wondering if the rather quiet mare would somehow understand her silence, it didn't matter if not. Ghost wasn't about to lay her shattered heart bare for the sake of courtesy, but she nodded once in thanks to Syrena.

Lastly, gazing thoughtfully, if not a little hopefully at Hotaru, still cautious of the girl and her sly expressions, she made up her mind "I know the mountains well, but not the way into the Basin" she revealed, despite having family who lived there, Ghost had never ventured to the northern most herd. The furthest she'd been was the Steppe, where she had met Prometheus and his tiger, that same day she had also wanted him to rip her wings off in hopes of re-joining the then exclusively unicorn herd, that had been defeated in the Edge and exiled to the snowy mountains of Time. Apparently, now, it was different.

"Perhaps you might let me serve you" she offered, of course, of the list of ranks open, Ghost already knew that theft was the one, if this Lady would see her as a possible selfish gain.

As the banshee spoke, Fantôme greedily accepted the hound's generous offer to share her food, wolfing down the hare in hungry bites of flesh, grunting his thanks to the hellion who had gone up grandly in his regard, perhaps he could stomach her company.

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Messages In This Thread
The Wolf and The Wight - by Ghost - 11-29-2016, 07:15 PM
RE: The Wolf and The Wight - by Hotaru - 11-29-2016, 07:39 PM
RE: The Wolf and The Wight - by Syrena - 11-30-2016, 12:07 PM
RE: The Wolf and The Wight - by Ghost - 12-02-2016, 07:48 AM