the Rift

[OPEN] The Devil in I.

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor
Insidious as it is, there is no surprise that insanity finds the wee little mare once more, as defenseless as the first time it attacked. Such alabaster skin, painted to look like cool marble and would it feel just as chilly if she were to brush up against it? Isn’t that how the with lured her in? Playing on the desert’s heat that baked itself into her flesh, drunk on the spicy sweat and frankincense and myrrh that dripped from her pores. Would that the desert rose had thorns to prick her with.

Even the broken, stilted laughter is similar; Yael’s limbs freeze as her mind unwillingly yanks her back through time. And unlike the prancing, laughing wild woman, she does not blend in with winter. Snow-bound trees cannot hide her gilded, glinting feathers. Nothing can erase the trail she’s punched in the fluffy crust. Were Yael in full possession of her faculties, she should have taken to the sky at the first peal of the mare’s erratic emotions. But she didn’t. And so whatever happens is as much her own fault as it is this monster’s (she can think of no other appropriate word - such savagery and delight in blood is a true sign of a madman).

Blood -blood?! flies about and the color rips her from her paralysis. Horrified, Yael takes a step back from her spying place and steps on several twigs, cracking them loudly enough to be heard over the woman’s banshee-like howls. Her oh-so-sweet brown eyes go wide, flying to the white mare so intent on destruction. Panicking for several heartbeats (perhaps two too long), there is easily enough time for the other turn before Yael wishes with all her might that she become invisible.

The next time the pegasus looks down at herself, there is nothing to be seen but an indent in the snow where all four hooves are placed, and a couple of thick broken twigs.    

yael
by night, tie your heart to mine, and the two
together in sleep shall defeat the darkness

horse lines | wing lines | coloring & coding

@Beloved
Referencing the ‘treat’ Yael got from this thread. Invisible for one thread. Idk what this post is butttttt here we go!

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Messages In This Thread
The Devil in I. - by Beloved - 11-30-2016, 11:32 AM
RE: The Devil in I. - by Yael - 12-02-2016, 01:31 PM
RE: The Devil in I. - by Beloved - 12-19-2016, 10:52 AM
RE: The Devil in I. - by Yael - 12-20-2016, 04:54 PM
RE: The Devil in I. - by Beloved - 12-27-2016, 12:21 PM
RE: The Devil in I. - by Yael - 01-02-2017, 11:54 PM
RE: The Devil in I. - by Beloved - 01-10-2017, 10:42 AM
RE: The Devil in I. - by Yael - 01-20-2017, 11:53 AM
RE: The Devil in I. - by Beloved - 01-25-2017, 10:43 AM