the Rift

[OPEN] The Devil in I.

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor
The witch’s scream of frustration should make her smile and egg her on, but there is no time for such luxurious emotions. Could the mouse fight back? Absolutely, but she is not good at non-magical (and even then, mostly defensive) battle. She does not have the savage heart, the instinctual (or mad) movements that warriors do. Yael would rather outwit than strike a blow. And so there is no point. When she was wingless, she ran; with wings, she can escape the majority of threats on the ground, if given the space and time.

Her legs flounder momentarily in the snow, slipping in the icy slush, giving the Hunter a few precious seconds of time. It is enough of a mistake to mean that Prey will not escape scot-free. The trees disappear past her lines of vision, and as they do, Prey gathers her breath and her weight, shifting backwards in order to unfurl her wings and leap as high as she can. She does, pushing away from the ground with all the strength she can muster. There is a beat against left wing, as if something were trying to pull it down, keep her earth-bound. The Hunter’s aim must have been a tad erratic, but Prey daren’t look back.

Her wings pull the air down, pumping, straining to get higher, and it would not be so far-fetched for the Hunter to get a face full of feathers. And then there is a sharp sting from her tailbone, her own squeal of pain, and a ripping sound as a mouthful of silver and black-tipped hair is savagely yanked from her rear end. With it comes a bit of blood, dropping to the trampled ground behind Prey as she escapes without serious injury - this time.

Looks like Hunter gets her blood after all.
yael
by night, tie your heart to mine, and the two
together in sleep shall defeat the darkness

horse lines | wing lines | coloring & coding

@Beloved I'm sorry this took so long!

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Messages In This Thread
The Devil in I. - by Beloved - 11-30-2016, 11:32 AM
RE: The Devil in I. - by Yael - 12-02-2016, 01:31 PM
RE: The Devil in I. - by Beloved - 12-19-2016, 10:52 AM
RE: The Devil in I. - by Yael - 12-20-2016, 04:54 PM