the Rift

[PRIVATE] this time i'll be bulletproof

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

When the world kept turning, but some gear inside of Archibald's heart did not, he left.

He had done it before. He would do it again. He was his own agent, the wielder of his own life and destiny. He had no time for games, and that included those of gods. When blood brought about decisions, and not capability or passion or loyalty, the decisions were not strong enough.

Blood was not always as thick as the world thought it to be.

And so here he stood, the mammoth warrior once again on his own. This time, unlike the last, he would not stay alone however. He had made the mistake before of not taking the woman he loved with him wherever he went. It drove a wedge between he and Circe, and when she fell at the hooves of the Moon Goddess, Archibald vowed to never make such a mistake again.

He fought Ktulu to stay in the Hidden Falls with him, and he would fight her again if it were necessary for her to leave with him today.

He had been gone for some time before he came back for her. He was busy, looking for his sons first. He found Abraham, but the white-legged stallion did not even know where his twin was. He promised the one like a leviathan that they would find the one like a basilisk--together. Abraham agreed, and Archibald turned back to find the Constrictor.

He did not know of the new god in Helovia, nor did he know of the new Czarina in his spot. He truly did not care to have his crown officially stripped by someone else--he had taken it off first, in silence, of his own accord. All he knew of, all he cared about, was having Ktulu at his side with him, no matter the storms of life.

Go get her.

Loretta darted toward the Hidden Falls, following Ktulu's scent.

Archibald the Dauntless

You can only get so far
With no one by your side
A dark storm lies ahead
image credits

@Ktulu

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Time the Dice Queen Posts: 144
OOC Account atk: 50 | def: 50 | dam: 50
Mare :: Other :: 5'7 :: 22 HP: 5050 | Buff: DROPKICK
Time
Unarchived per request

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu

The dark forest had always felt like home, moreso than any herd land ever had and ever would. It was in that forest that she had found her companion, had raised her son, where she had fallen in love with the woman who had easily stolen her heart. It was where she had met the stallion, who would also find his place in her heart. The woods was filled with bittersweet memories of a time that had been better.

But both of them were gone and now she and Eytan were alone once more.

Ktulu had bared her heart and soul at the Veins of the Gods, had cried her tears until she had none left, had screamed her anger until her throat was raw, had beat her hooves against the ground until her legs ached and now she was hollow. She had nothing left inside of herself save for a broken heart that crumbled more with each aching beat.

She wanted to die. She wanted the pain, the heartache that she was feeling to stop. Time and again she selfishly willed her beating heart to beat its last, but no amount of willpower could stop it. And so her pain continued and she and Eytan pressed on and continued existing in a world that they no longer wanted to be a part of.

How many times would they have to lose those that they cared about? Mother, Father, Hototo, Arichibald, Lakota, Aodaun. Everytime they picked up their shattered pieces life knocked them right back down into the mud again.

When would enough be enough?

When Loretta found her Ktulu thought that the dog was little more than a figment of her imagination, her subconscious conjuring up something that she cared about in an attempt to make her think maybe life is worth living. She stared at the dog, her ears tilted back in a display of stubborn refusal to acknowledge her as something that was very real. But the barking was incessant and irritating, drumming on frayed nerves until she finally reacted.

"GO AWAY!" The mare screamed, her body lunging forward so her hooves slammed into the ground where Loretta had been. But when the dog didn't dissipate, like imaginary things should have, Ktulu charged again. This time, though, she chased Loretta through the forest only to stumble to an awkward stop when she was led right to Archibald.

What?

She blinked, expecting him to disappear completely, and when he didn't her shock turned to anger. 

Why was he suddenly back?

"What the fuck do you want?"

"."

Image Credit

@Archibald

Icon by Tay

Loretta was incessant as she barked, nipped, and jumped around Ktulu. Archibald urged her not to retreat from the striking hooves, although at times she wanted to. It was necessary, however, for the cur to put herself in danger beneath Ktulu's rage for the benefit of her bondmate. Loretta was undoubtedly loyal, and she was ready to die for Archibald--even if it meant at the hooves of the one he loved. Finally, when she knew she had Ktulu's full attention, the red and white bitch turned on her heels and rocketed back toward where the Dauntless stood waiting.

It was treacherous trying to navigate her way through the thick foliage of the forest while attempting to keep alive from flailing hooves. Loretta could not remember a time when she had run as fast as she was running in this moment. The burning in her lungs and the occasional strike to her body was worth it. It was for Archibald, and to him only her heart yielded. Crashing through a thorny bush brought her to her solace and she skidded beneath the safety of her giant bondmate. She was panting, and although adrenaline pumped through her canine veins, she collapsed on her side beneath her shield.

The panic that wrote itself over her face when disbelief turned to anger was not something Archibald was unfamiliar with. He knew Ktulu intimately, and this encounter was not the first time she had held rage toward him--and it would not be the last. He stepped forward, his massive body lifted high above hers. Each movement he made still screamed with undefeated power, but something there was still tender for her.

"You." He said, moving his head to wrap her in the safety of his neck and chest.

Archibald the Dauntless

You can only get so far
With no one by your side
A dark storm lies ahead
image credits

@Ktulu

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu

"You." he said and Ktulu couldn't believe his nerve.

"Me?" She hissed as she stepped back out of his reach. "ME?!" She snorted, her tail lashing at her legs in a show of anger and irritation. "Well are't you just fucking ballsy." How dare him. How fucking DARE him! He was the one that had disappeared. He was the one that had left. He was the one who hadn't so much as looked back as he carried his ass out of the Falls, abandoning them. He was the one that had challenged her, fought her to make her stay and then he left.

He couldn't just come back and tell her he wanted her. He couldn't just touch her and hold her like he hadn't done anything wrong.

"Don't you fucking touch me." The dark mare growled. Her anger continued to grow and with it came magic that she hadn't used since they had invaded the Hidden Falls so many seasons ago. She couldn't stop it, couldn't control it and before she realized what was happening her magic was exploding forth, seeking out Archibald's lungs in an effort to choke him.

"You left me!" Ktulu shouted. "You fought me! You made me stay! You left me!" 

She had needed him. She'd needed his strength when her whole world had fallen apart around her again and he was gone. She'd been left to try and pick up the pieces of herself, something she'd failed at doing without him there to lend her his strength. "Lakota is dead." She spat. "Where were you?" He couldn't have helped, couldn't have changed anything, but he could have been there.

"."

Image Credit

@Archibald

Icon by Tay

Her reaction was not a surprise to him, but it still stung as he stepped back, hissing at him. The dark stallion lifted his head, golden eyes looking down on Ktulu with turning, tumultuous, clouded emotion. It was not often that his eyes revealed his feelings, and even now as he stood before a woman he loved, they could not decide what to convey. "Ktulu, I-- His words stopped as he continued to berate him, her words lashing across his cheeks, left then right and left again. He would not deny that she was right. He had left her, left the Falls. He did it without warning. At least when he left the remnants of the Grey after Ophelia, he had met with Ktulu and handed her his sword. Loretta lowered her body to the ground, the emotion burning within Archibald's heart overwhelming her.

When he took another step forward, the Constrictor's magic grasped his throat. The air stopped and Archibald lowered his head instantly, legs spreading and locking to keep him upright. He tried to sputter her name, but only a thick, choking noise left his white lips. Without realization, as an act of defense and instinct, his own magic lurched forward and tried to turn the mare's bones to stone. "Ktu--" He tried again, as black dots sprayed across his vision. Loretta whined, looking to Eytan desperately. Archibald! she cried mentally as the stallion wavered some, gasping again.

Loretta barked wildly, a high-pitched, panicked expression. She came up to her paws, unable to help her bonded as he stood there, taking Ktulu's magic and releasing his own. "I--I'm--sss--sorry!" He finally choked out, his head feeling light and airy. He head his own blood pounding in his ears, but he could not say anything else to the woman he loved who was hurting so deeply.

Archibald the Dauntless

You can only get so far
With no one by your side
A dark storm lies ahead
image credits

@Ktulu

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me