the Rift

[PRIVATE] the promise of a star

Serenity Posts: 78
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 7 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Avis
you can't take the sky from me
Night. It blanketed their world in a darkness she was unfamiliar with; it was cold, chilling, and off. It felt off. There was a shiver that worked its way through her body unlike any she could recall, coat hairs standing on end and wings held out just enough to warrant a quick take off should flight become necessary. She again found herself in a place she had never been before--but really, wasn't everywhere there a place she'd "never been"?--with air tinged with a tension she never felt between her and a place. Surely she could put a finger on the feeling with others she encountered, but never a land. Then, she'd never been in a place akin to Helovia. Not that she remembered anyway.

'Never's seemed to be her constant company.

With the night went her stars, lit brightly from the inside out. They twinkled as harmless lightning arcs danced between her mane and tail strands, outward breaths easily tangled among the underbrush of whatever stone columns she found herself upon. She didn't know if it was the cause of her uneasy feeling or perhaps a figment of her own imagination, something she created simply because there was nothing left for her to focus on. She could only feel the eyes of ghostly strangers following her as she moved from border to border, lands without names for her to call them by. Aurora Basin, World's Edge, Dragon's Throat--the falling of ice shards from a weight which they could not bear in her mind; she wouldn't go near so instead she traveled far. She went out and settled in a quiet patch, only to feel as unsure as she did before.

The dull ring of hooves against stone did no good in helping to calm her nerves.

And in the dark, with her starry light, she gazed upon the rainbow roof.
LINEART CREDIT

@MESEC <3

STARS FADING BUT I LINGER ON DEAR
STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS
(Please tag me in every post)

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

As night descended, Mesec was faced with a choice - should he press on? He had been travelling south, his thoughts on the desert and the friends he had left there, many without so much of a word of farewell. The last Megaera had seen him was at the Veins when he had been given his quest, did she know that he had completed it? Or did she think he was still lost in the wilds, avoiding everyone he could as he tried to get control of the warg? Although he was happy in the Edge, Mesec missed the Throat too. Missed the times of peace he had there.

But he wasn’t about to get there tonight. The Frostfall night was more than chilly and the air in the sky was moreso where the breezes were stronger. Better to find shelter for a time and then start up again in the morning. He knew that he was near the Rotunda and it was as good of a spot as any to wait out the night so he landed on the snow, folding his moonlight-lined wings against his side, an action that effectively snuffed out most of the glow from his silver markings.

But it was someone else’s glow that caught his attention - for it stood out quite noticeably in the darkness. It was uncommon enough of an experience to see someone else who glowed at night that Mesec felt drawn towards the twinkling golden lights that illuminated the Rotunda even though he had already been heading there anyway. He was now part of a family of star-wearers, of night-creatures, and he felt a strange sort of kinship with this unknown mare even as he drifted towards her, even if she was gold where his family was silver.

“Hello there.” Mesec’s voice was gentle as he lingered at one of the stone arches that were the entrances to the structure, not wanting to startle her. “Would you mind some company?” He didn’t move any further in but instead waited, willing to find somewhere else if she did not want to be disturbed.    

Oh, I see stars rushing through my mind, colours have no time to fade
Oh, I found out there's another side where the sea and sky collide

artwork by Nikkayla

@Serenity <33
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Serenity Posts: 78
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 7 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Avis
you can't take the sky from me
Her gold verses his silver.

Her colors clashed with their breathing world where his melded in a unity that was designed specifically for that purpose--not that she knew who he was or who his relations were--but they both glowed brightly after the sun took it's leave from the sky and perhaps that was enough to keep them together.

His voice reached her first. She was too lost in thought to pay mind to the inkling of fear that lingered, the light catching the glass above seeming to transfix her in its arms. When his words reached, he was already near enough to make her jump slightly at the sudden appearance. The spook was inconsequential, wings ruffling around her at most, and a small sigh of relief escaped her lips upon the realization that it was just another pegasus like her. She had only briefly glanced back in his direction before turning golden eyes to the ceiling once again, marveling. "I do not mind at all." A smile replaced her words. She wouldn't be able to explain why the stained glass held onto her attention so; it wasn't exactly its novelty or even the beauty it possessed. Perhaps it was merely the way it took her glimmering stars and turned them into something more.

How she wished she could do the same.

In the faux-light her eyes missed hitting the horn that sat rather unabashedly upon his brow, so she remained relaxed and very nearly happy--the best she had felt since that storm. She allowed him to close the distance should he choose without a fuss, instead invested in a question that slipped out. "Say, do you know Elsa of the World's Edge?" She couldn't help the curiosity of wanting to know what happened to her friend; her first friend that her memories allowed.

Yet quickly after the words hit the atmosphere she realized she never met the boy and, so, failed to introduce herself. "I apologize, my name is Sereni..." The sentence fell away from her lips as she turned her head to give him a smile, when her gaze finally caught the glint of light off his horn. She startled and took a few paces to move away, rump bumping one of the stone columns that stood behind her. She had missed it before but now it was all she could see; even still, confusion swept through her like a chill. Wings and a horn--she'd never seen the two opposites on anyone before. What did it mean? What did it mean for her?
LINEART CREDIT

@mesec love <3

STARS FADING BUT I LINGER ON DEAR
STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS
(Please tag me in every post)