the Rift

Tiptoe Through The Tulips

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob
Myrrine

Her acceptance into the Dragon's Throat had filled her with newfound determination. She would earn her keep, would make them all proud, and would show them that Volterra had made a good decision in making her a part of their family. Was that the correct term to use? Was it safe for her to assume that they had seen her as family now? They were so close-knit, all of them, that it would only make sense that she too was included in this assumption of closeness. She didn't let her mind delve further into that subject, for fear her self doubt would tarnish any growing confidence she had. Her soul could only handle so much, and right now it was brimming with exhaustion and pain, feeling all the grief, sadness and frustration she had kept pent up for months, because she had no one to talk to. She didn't intend on telling anyone anyway.

In the silence of the Threshold came a voice; one so soft and childish that Myrrine almost mistook it for her own daughter's. She paused in her step, listening clearly before it piped up again, as if she were talking to someone else. Without thinking she was moving with an urgent grace, her wings pressed delicately together to keep out most of the cold that plagued them in these months. There were times where they would become frozen, and she would have to wait until they thawed before she could fly again, but it wasn't something she worried too much about. She didn't fly that much anymore. Letting her hazel eyes take in the two before her, she noticed quite a few things. It was a girl and an older man, their colors so different it was like looking between black and white; his molted grey coat mixing into simple earth tones, while this delicate child was fawn-like, a rosy pink and speckled with white spots. She began to wonder who would let their daughter wander out this far. She wasn't really one to talk though, because she wouldn't be at all surprised if Laume had done the same exact thing as she. Myrrine had done it when she was a child too, perhaps it was a filly thing.

"It's awfully cold for everyone to be out wandering today," she mused, acknowledging both of them with a sweet smile, dipping her head politely in greeting as she continued,"Please forgive my intrusion. I couldn't help but be curious as soon as I heard voices. My name is Myrrine, it's a pleasure to meet both of you!" She wasn't lying; she had been very curious about who was talking and who was listening, and she also couldn't help but wonder if perhaps this little foal was looking for something too. By the time Myrrine had been close enough to catch a scent, she had quickly recognized the smell of one of the northern herds, causing her to determine that this little girl certainly did have a place to call home. She studied her again pleasantly, before finally turning into the direction of the older man.

"Welcome, please let me know if you do have any questions. I'd be happy to guide you anywhere you need to go, and I'm sure Miss, I'm sorry, I don't believe I caught your name," she stopped suddenly, looking to the pink doe and smiling sheepishly, kindness radiating from her like a space heater, before she was soon giggling and looking back to her other company,"Nonetheless, I'm sure she can help you as well should you need it."

"Talk."

the butterfly is proof that great darkness
can create great beauty

@Nero - lemme know if you don't want to be tagged! I'm prepared for the grumpathon to begin!
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Messages In This Thread
Tiptoe Through The Tulips - by Nero - 12-02-2016, 03:07 AM
RE: Tiptoe Through The Tulips - by Romina - 12-02-2016, 03:47 AM
RE: Tiptoe Through The Tulips - by Myrrine - 12-02-2016, 11:34 PM
RE: Tiptoe Through The Tulips - by Nero - 12-03-2016, 06:30 PM
RE: Tiptoe Through The Tulips - by Arah - 12-05-2016, 05:06 AM
RE: Tiptoe Through The Tulips - by Romina - 12-05-2016, 07:18 PM
RE: Tiptoe Through The Tulips - by Myrrine - 12-05-2016, 10:21 PM
RE: Tiptoe Through The Tulips - by Nero - 12-07-2016, 02:36 AM
RE: Tiptoe Through The Tulips - by Arah - 12-09-2016, 07:07 PM