the Rift

[PRIVATE] Reunited and it feels SO good!

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Ilios
Scars heal, glory fades
Pain hurts, but only for a minute
'Cause the chicks dig it
Silver fur swirled in the breeze as large paws pounded at the ground. The she wolf hadn't seen her bonded in a very long while, but if her nose was correct he would be back home soon. Ilios had been out searching for his sister,completely consumed by the need to find her. He had asked Isabella to stay behind and watch the herd and his children, which she had willingly agreed to. Now her heart longed for him, they had been apart for much to long. Of course the stallion had checked in regularly, but both of their hearts felt empty and heavy. The wolf pushed her paws harder into the ground accelerating to shove away the dark feeling. She knew he was coming home could feel it in their bond, but he was about to be moving a lot faster. She topped a sand dune golden eyes settling on the mare her brother had been searching for. She screamed the news in her head desperate to let Ilios know what was home, 'SISTER!!'

Far away Ilios heard a whisper in his mind silver eyes looking around curiously for the source. His shoulders rose in a confused shrug before he continued moving north again.

Frustrated Isabella lowered herself to the golden sand her eyes watching the mare as she prepared to take wing. Carefully the wolf lifted herself up and shifted to her Preyton form and took flight after sister. As the mare landed beside her golden wolf, Bee, Isabella floated away trying not to look to interested. She called again to her brother, 'Sister!' But Ilios was to far away to hear her calls.

The duo below drifted away and she dove for the ground her body shifting to take the form of her cheetah self. She slunk around behind them carefully trying not to be detected. Once she was sure they spotted her causing her to run off a ways. She wans't sure why it was so important for the mare and wolf not to see her, but it didn't feel right. Retracing her steps she spotted the duo and held back so she could only catch glimpses of them. They made their way north towards the Hidden Falls and she called again to Ilios, 'Sister come!'

This time the words came through loud and clear and he realized who it must be. Excitement flooded him at the thought Isabella could finally speak to him, and he was about to be reunited with his sister! With a squeal of pure delight the stallion wheeled and raced south. 'Where are you?' A pause, 'Thistles.' He knew just where that was, 'Hold them, I'll be there in a minute.' His wings snapped open and he launched himself into the air. Limbs grabbed at his sides and blood leaked from several cuts while twigs stuck in his tail.

Her orders were clear, she had to hold them in one spot, make them stay until he could get there. Her shifted to that of a silver coated wolf. A howl of pleading ripped from her lips as she raced ahead. She ran to the side praying she could cut them off before they reached the other side. Snow grabbed at her paws and bite at her pads, but she ran on desperate to stop them. As she burst from the tree line she prayed the pair wouldn't think they she was a wild wolf hunting them. She ran past them then swung around and stood panting in front of them. She turned her head so her ivy markings, so like Ilios's, were in plain sight. Her eyes begged for her to stop and her body langue begged for Bee to not attack her tail lowered and ears shifted back.
------------------
Talk
Words;; 628
OOC/Tags;;  @Areli If Shady says it's ok other family members are welcome! Permission to PP from Shady

image | coding
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady

ARELI
Do you still believe in love, I wonder?

She left the Throat without what she had been seeking, and Areli’s heart was heavy as she took off. The nerve-wracking flight across the channel provided distraction enough—fear had a way of providing a respite from pain, she had learned. But as soon as she tumbled down to earth on the other side and Bee came loping up to greet her, the adrenaline began to wear off and the sadness crept in again like a mist over a meadow on a still morning. Not find? Bee asked, though she already knew the answer. Her mistress shook her head, and the wolf growled gently before resting the narrow sand-colored muzzle against the girl’s foreleg. What now? she questioned then. “We’re going home,” Areli replied, “c’mon.”

Together, the pair turned and headed north.

The journey back home was long and tedious. While earlier in the season, the pair had been able to move with relative freedom, the heavy snows did much to hamper their progress. Luckily there had been no blizzards, but the dense drifts made travel difficult. Would be easier if flew, Bee had pointed out more than once, but the girl disagreed. The ground was much safer, she argued, and besides, what would the wolf do if she took off? Would find way, Bee grumbled, adding, Have before, as a pointed reminder of the time she had spent waiting for her mistress across the way from the Dragon’s Throat. Privately though, she was glad for Areli’s company. While the trek was arduous, they made a good team with Areli blazing a trail for them through the deeper snow and the young wolf keeping an alert eye out for danger.

It was Bee, therefore, who first sensed that they were being followed. Though she could not pinpoint who (or what) trailed them, from time to time the hair on the back of her neck would stand on end and she would stare into the woods or let loose a single bark. Who’s there? Areli always asked, ready to draw the dragon dagger. But the wolf could never answer, for she never saw their tracker, only felt its presence—and her mistress couldn’t very well fight a ghost. And so they moved on, with the wolf casting a constant watchful eye behind them.

The hunter revealed herself as they were crossing the Thistle Meadow. A long howl split the morning and sent roosting birds flying up from the meadow. Bee’s ears shot upwards and Areli wheeled, the knife already drawn and clenched between her teeth. A flash of silver fur broke from the woods and into the snowy field, then disappeared. The only trace of the creature were the waving plants as she streaked…past them? Confused but still on edge, the duo turned again, only to see the animal coming at them again. Wolf, Bee growled, lips parting into a snarl. While most other predators sent her scurrying behind her mistress, she was not as easily intimidated by her own kind. She planted her legs and issued a warning bark.

But the creature had stopped running. Slowing to an easy trot, then an earnest walk, the silver-furred wolf approached the pair with head and tail down—clearly submissive. It shifted, and Areli, knife still raised, caught a glimpse of the ivy markings trailing down the animal’s side. She nearly dropped the knife.

“Iwwy?” she murmured around the dagger, “’zat…you?”

"speech"

Image Credit || coding by Tamme

@Ilios
[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Ilios
Scars heal, glory fades
Pain hurts, but only for a minute
'Cause the chicks dig it
His wings pounded at the air as he raced towards the Thistle Meadow his heart soaring with him. A jubilant smile was plastered over his face as he flew faster than he ever had. Areli was back, and he had to know where she had been all this time. 'I'll be there soon just a couple more minutes.' 'Good.' Isabella wagged her tail at Areli, sure she could think she was Ilios as long as she staid put. Her golden eyes sparkled playfully as she eyed the mare and wolf. Carefully she lowered her frame to the snowy ground showing she for sure wasn't a threat.

Two minutes later Ilios dove towards the ground his eyes bright and a call upon his lips, "Areli!" Isabella jumped to her paws her body wagging with her excitement. His hooves hit the ground at a run mild pain shuddering up his legs. "Areli where have you been?!" He barreled forward eager to embrace his lost younger sister. If she would allow it his neck wound up and over hers. Tears filled his silver eyes as emotions flowed through his chest. "Oh Are I've missed you so much." Beaming he stepped back and looked her over. "Look how grown up you are!"

Isabella pranced to his side eager to meet their sister. "Oh sorry, this is Isabella my companion! I'm sorry if you scared you,but she was following you for me." He smiled brightly as Isabella pranced in place her eyes shifting between Sister and Bee. They were all finally reunited and that meant more to her and Ilios than anyone guessed. Carefully the wolf stepped towards Sister her tail wagging hopefully, even as her eyes flickered to blade in her mouth. 'It's okay she wont hurt you now.' His smile never faultered and he turned to Bee, "And look how big you've gotten Bee." He lowered his muzzle to her. "I see you've been taking great care of my sister." He dropped his voice gently, "Thank you."
------------------
Talk
Words;; 355
OOC/Tags;;  @Areli

image | coding
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady

ARELI
Do you still believe in love, I wonder?
The wolf said nothing in response, only wagged her tail and looked up at her with bright, intelligent eyes. Areli’s grip on the dagger loosened, but Bee was not so easily convinced. Strange, she growled, hackles still raised. The wolf had no way of knowing what creature Isabella truly was, but an animal instinct told her that something seemed off. Perhaps she was no wild creature, but Bee suspected that this so-seeming wolf was not quite of her kind. Concerned with this idea, the sand-colored animal bared her teeth. 

Then it was Bee’s turn to be surprised. Her silver sister lowered her lanky body to the ground and lay flat, posture clearly submissive. Bee’s ears flopped sideways in confusion. Huh? she asked her mistress, looking to her for guidance.

But before they could puzzle over the mysterious vine-marked wolf further, the sound of beating wings filled the air and before either dog or damsel quite knew what was happening, the real Ilios was rushing towards them, neck outstretched. “ILLY!” she shrieked, fortunately dropping the knife just before he came crashing into her, wrapping her in a long-awaited embrace.

“I missed you too, Illy,” she whispered, the tears in her eyes reflecting his, “I don’t know what happened…I woke up one morning, and all of the seasons were different, and Mama was gone…and then I looked and looked but I can’t find her, and I saw you at the beach but then we got separated…” The words came out in a nearly incoherent rush, almost sounding just as strange to her as they must to him. All that had happened in the past year was a confused jumble to her, but he was her big brother and she clung to the hope that somehow he would be able to fix things.

Through her tears, he had called the wolf forward, introducing her as his companion. Though she was happy for him, she felt a pang of sadness for all she had missed. “Oh,” she sniffled, mustering up a half-smile, “I was wondering…I thought for a minute that she was somehow you. Silly.”

For her part, it all went over Bee’s head, but she recognized the teal-tinted stallion and remembered Areli’s fondness for him. She offered Ilios a wag of her tail as he lowered his muzzle to her, casting a sidelong glance at the silver wolf who stood at his side. Areli was too overcome for Bee to stray, but she sent a cautious sniff in her direction. 

"speech"

Image Credit || coding by Tamme

@Ilios
[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!