the Rift

A Summoning of Birds

Valkyrie Posts: 4
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18HH :: 8
Mouse

It took a second for Rye to realize he was falling and when he finally did his body had already hit the ground with a loud thwump! that pushed all his air out in one loud gasp. The fall must not have been long because there was no pain of broken bones but his body still screamed from hitting the ground so hard. Rye’s body lay motionless on the snow covered ground and let his body gather the shock of hitting the ground so hard, he was still blindfolded and his front legs were still tied though so he would be stuck there for a long time.

Finally the ice cold air clawed its way into his lungs and the striped stallion exhaled loud with a ”fuuuuuuuccckkkk that hurt” so then began the process of standing up. Phantom memories of colt - hood gathered as Rye put one striped leg forward at a time and slowly lifted his body up, an audible pop sounded from his sore joints. This was expected if one fell from high up. Front legs still tied Rye took a slow step forward so he would not fall, his lion like tail flickered from side to side and he crept at a snails pace.

Rye thought he was doing well until cloven hooves hit stone and he tripped, his body once more falling to the snow but this time tumbling over and over himself. There was a loud CRACK! Of ice breaking then his body was washed over by the ice cold water of a stream. The only good thing coming from this was his blindfold coming off in the tumble to reveal orange eyes, sitting up in the stream he gathered himself and his surroundings.

Rye had never seen snow before but had heard stories of it, it sure was cold compared to sand. Snorting he slowly stood and crawled out of the small stream and shuffled through the deep snow. ”Should have stayed in Africa with that girl…”

TAGS:::

@Glasgow @Astarot

NOTES:

Im okay with Rye joining any herd but I prefer that he doesn’t join DT because my other character Sabia is there. Tagged people who asked to join.

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
G L A S G O W

She never seemed to leave the Edge anymore. Instead, hiding herself away to do her crafting duties in the dead of night with the moon keeping watch overhead. She felt more comfortable that way, away from the scrutinizing eyes of others – away from the possibility of seeing Tilney when she really didn’t want to. At least at night she could see his lantern if he headed her way, lighting the path toward her location. For that, she was somewhat thankful. She didn’t have the energy to face anything heading her way, especially with Arah’s return, and so she stuck to the shadows and the outskirts, watching with glazed eyes and a quiet scarred mouth.

It was rare for her to approach the Threshold especially. Glasgow wasn’t much one for meeting people – after all, she wouldn’t even want her face to be the first thing people saw in Helovia. Today was different though, she wasn’t sure if she was planning on leaving or just simply looking for an excuse to get away from the confines of the misty snow covered landscape. As she entered the Threshold and waltzed between the trees and fallen logs covered in a soft blanket of freshly fallen snow, she allowed her glassy gaze to dance around everything at face value looking for something – or even nothing, all the same.

That was when the Glazier heard a loud crack. Halting in her steps, her scarlet stained hoof held midair as she listened, pale ears flickering toward the sound. Perhaps she could investigate, figure out what she wanted to do with the possible situation at hand, and analyze the ideas at the end. Yet, as she came to focus on the one that created the large crack, she spotted a striped stag. Her head tilted slightly, her dual horns glinting with the light, reflecting more so off of the broken one further down her forehead. She took note of the situation, spotting the man in the frozen stream and allowed her scarred eyes to dance across him briefly.

Do you need help?” She questioned into the cold air, her lips moving against the scars that protruded a blood red from each side to create a rather melancholy and gruesome smile – even when it was the last thing she felt like doing in the world.

"Talk."

what a strange illusion it is,
to suppose that beauty is goodness

image credits

@Valkyrie c:

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy
Frost Fyre
wonder, wonder what you might do
you can't simply hide our dream in the blue
'Andromeda, Antila, Apus,' she recited the constellations silently to herself, cloven, ebony hooves leaving delicate tracks in the snow, 'Aquarius, Aquila, Ara.' The wintry wonderland that surrounded the Haruspex was lost to her. She had found herself deep within her mind, wandering wherever the breeze took her, the forever aloof Altair trekking quietly behind.

'Aries, Auriga, Boötes,' her dark brow furrowed, emerald gaze burning into her little hooves. She doubted herself, for a moment. What came next, after that obscure northern constellation? Not the giraffe, or the crab, or the hunting dogs. It was another, one whose tale she didn't know, but she had taken care to learn it's name. Her heart ached suddenly, crying out for the escaped name.

'Camelopardalis?' Altair offered meekly, even though he knew his memory of night sky paled in comparison to hers. The maiden shot a panicked glance back at the cerndyr, and shook her soft mane hastily. 'No, no, that's the giraffe!' She told him in silent anguish. 'It's—it's...' the name of the constellation flickered at the tip of her tongue, her emeralds growing wide as it began to race back.

'It's—'

CRACK.

"Caelum!" The maiden softly blurted, startled by the racket. Her heart trembled and her legs shook as the sound echoed throughout the seemingly desolate forest. Her emeralds slid to her companion as he tenderly bumped his nose to her shoulder, offering a bit of consolation to the startled girl. She let out a shaky breath, soon calmed by the elk.

She considered turning away, heading back towards the mountains and away from that very threatening sound, but what if someone was hurt? She was in the threshold, after all. Someone new to the land could be experiencing difficulty with the terrain.

Eventually, the maiden talked herself into following the sound, weaving delicately between trees and listening carefully for more sound that could indicate life. She heard the semblance of a mare's voice, and trotted eagerly towards that, eventually coming upon a rather...unique pair. A stallion, a very large, very wet, striped stallion and a scarred gray mare, no doubt the voice she had heard, stood watching him.

The star swathed mare flicked her ears back, staying a cautious distance from them both, but offering a friendly smile, her companion lingering by her side. "Can I be of any assistance?" She asked gently, emeralds slipping from magled gray to drenched stripes.

@Valkyrie <3

image || table
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Absent Abyss
Mouse

Holy hell it is cold! thought Rye as he shook the water from his coat. Lowering his head he used his sharp spiraled horns to rip the rope from his legs, the stallion lifted one front leg at a time looking satisfied. “Ah that’s better” so focused on the thing at hand he did not notice the grey mare until she spoke.

Snorting, Rye’s orange gaze landed on the mare and immediately took in the scars. It wasn’t judgement in his eyes but interest and the first thing he said to her, instead of answering her questions was: “scars tell a beautiful story my dear.” The striped man turned his head to the side to reveal the scar on his throat. “I’d simply like to know where I am…or fell into” his voice was raw and soar, it hurt like hell to talk but of course that wouldn’t stop him from talking to a pretty girl.

Rye regarded everything around him, this forest was like a winter wonderland from hell. The sand felt miles away and he felt himself feeling homesick. For the world he left behind. Before his annoying words could fill up more of the painful silence another girl appeared, this time with a deer at her side.

”Oh my…it seems YOU have some bugs around your head…”

No Rye did not know what floated around her head, but it seems they both really wanted to help him. The stallion was tempted to make a dirty joke about them both wanting to help him but if he ever wanted to get out of this snowy hell then it seemed he should play nice. “It seems I’ve fallen into a place ive never been before…where am i?” he asked both of them.

@Glasgow @Frost Fyre

NOTES:

Sorry for the crappy post!

Skylark
G L A S G O W

The scarred mare hardly thought she’d capture anyone’s gaze the way she had when he looked at her. There wasn’t a scrunched nose, a reflection of the sheer disgust most people found with her. There wasn’t a quickly averted gaze to avoid from staring too long. There wasn’t the awkward small talk to try and pretend that the scars weren’t there, though Glasgow often captured their eyes as they drifted toward the scarlet painted upon her face and feet. And somehow, his words seemed to stir a gentle comfort within her old tired bones. “Scars tell a beautiful story my dear.” Well, if she could blush, she would have. If she were anyone else she might have really taken it as a compliment instead of the cold dark opposite.

Then, as he was speaking, another creature came into view. A blanketed unicorn with a cerndyr companion. Glasgow dipped her head lightly toward her as she did the same to her. As she asked of being of assistance, Glasgow stayed quiet while the new striped being continued his curiosities of his location. It was then when Glasgow cleared her throat quietly, reminded by the raspness in his voice of her own when she had arrived here after years of not uttering a single word. “Helovia.” She began, ears flickering toward the stranger, pointed and listening. “This land is Helovia. I am Glasgow, a crafter for the World’s Edge. It’s a beautiful place full of mist and allure.” She paused, watching to see what he would think of her words. She tried to let his previous phrase affect her in how she spoke to him – but it did get some extra points in her book.

She paused at that moment to allow the blanket mare to speak of her own home, though Glasgow could smell the brisk sharpness of the Basin from her. It sparked a thought in her mind of how much she wished to return to the land, to perhaps live there entirely. But today wasn’t that day – and she could do the best she could for the herd before she eventually would decide on what to do that was in her favor. Though, she’d be lying if she said she didn’t listen extra toward what Frost Fyre might have to say for future reference of the icy tundra.

"Talk."

image credits

@Frost Fyre <33333 mine's not better, but it's somethin. xD

Frost Fyre
wonder, wonder what you might do
you can't simply hide our dream in the blue
A giggle escaped Frost's dark lips as she shook her head at the stallion's remark about her magic. The massless planets and stars that orbited her head were a bizarre sight, but they had never been referred to as bugs before. She could understand how such an assumption would be made, for adept knowledge of the cosmos wasn't exactly common.

"Not bugs," she began brightly, "they're space matter. Planets and stars and such." She narrowed her eyes as a meteor whizzed by her nose, streaking past and sizzling into her mane. Frost moved her gaze back to the stallion, smiling amicably and shrugging off the subject of her passive magic entirely. She heralded it as no big deal.

The Haruspex's emeralds flickered to the gray mare, listening quietly to her raspy, throaty words. She couldn't help but wonder about the history of this intriguing, mangled mare. Frost's dark ears pricked forward, all the more interested as the gray proclaimed herself to be a crafter from the Edge. She had always been interested in crafting, as her mother was once skilled in such verses, and the Edge fascinated her. She had a couple old friends who resided there.

Frost took the silence that followed Glasgow's words as a time for her own to be shared. "My name is Frost Fyre, and this is my companion, Altair. I'm the Haruspex of the Aurora Basin. Our land is far in the north, cradled by mountains and snow, but I assure you, within our borders there is plenty of warmth and beauty to be found," She stated affably, gaze remaining on the striped stallion. "What is your name, sir? I would be happy to take you back to my herd if it interests you. You seem a bit, ah, wet and it's rather frigid out. I would hate for you to catch a cold. Our hot springs could warm you up," Frost offered, her emeralds flicking back to the gray mare, "and, I know you've already got a herd, but if the Basin sounds appealing to you, we would be happy to welcome you amongst our ranks as well, Glasgow."

Contrary to the cold and sullen reputation the north had, they were anything but. Frost was more than happy to extend invitations to her home to any who needed refuge.

@Valkyrie haha no worries !! i'm in the same boat :")

image || table
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Absent Abyss
Mouse

The instant Rye learned of where he was his mind raced to gather any memory he could about the place and…he came up empty. Still in thought Rye nodded his head as he learned the grey mare’s name, “a beautiful name for a beautiful mare.” The place Glasgow spoke of sounded interesting the World’s Edge…certainly a dramatic name, did the world really end there? ’do they all live in one herd? he thought. Rye looked to the other mare to answer his unspoken question, orange eyes practically drilling holes in the mare.

”Planets….” He sounded truly interested in what floated around her head. Rye practically scrunched up his nose as Frost Fyre mentioned snow and mountains, he was born in the baking sun and sands…with much flat land not mountains. “Uh huh, interesting, very interesting…”

”I am Valkyrie but please, call me Rye” he introduced. At the mention of how wet and cold he was a shiver went through his skin, yes warmth sounded like an excellent plan indeed. But for a moment he watched the two because it seemed he needed to choose which herd he liked to join, however much he’d hate to let down either mare. “Well it seems ive been left with a choice…”

@Glasgow @Frost Fyre

NOTES:

Next post he’ll decide!

Skylark
G L A S G O W

The spotted mare known by Frost Fyre speaks of the magic that surrounds her, and no matter how much the curiosity lied within Glasgow’s mind to look – she refrained. Her gaze stayed plainly on the striped man before them, if not spanning a few ways to the left and the right as to not blatantly stare. And after the Glazier spoke of her home, Frost Fyre filled the silence with her own marriage of words, perhaps far more than Glasgow could even think of when it came to the Edge. She mainly stayed by herself – not interacting with places and things of the Edge. All she knew was the mist – the mist that she used to craft beautiful and breakable glass.

When she offered Glasgow a place among the herd, was when the Glazier finally looked over and captured the emerald gaze of the Haruspex. “Thank you.” She admitted quietly, plainly, wanting to tell her that she wanted to take her up on the offer – but that she had business to attend to back home. Yet, she knew that her chances at recruitment for a stranger would be lost if the recruiter was also leaving.

However, her gaze, blank and milky, relocated on Valkyrie as he mentioned her name was beautiful. Her ears flickered hesitantly in uncertainty – unsure how anyone could find someone like her beautiful. Yet, her eyes continued to linger on the little bit of the scar along his neck that peeked out. Maybe that was the thing that could be common ground – their differences yet similarities in brutal mutilation. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Valkyrie. And you too, Frost Fyre.” Her voice was quiet, but held up against the silence of Frostfall well. And as Rye spoke of having to make a choice of which herd, her ears flickered forward wavering in curiosity. “The Edge or the Basin would make great choices. Both places are wonderful in their own ways.” She admitted.

"Talk."

image credits

@Frost Fyre <3

Frost Fyre
i believe in nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections
and the truth of the imagination
The silence that followed her words didn't stay for long. The striped stallion didn't offer much to appease it, however. He nodded, and murmured his interest of her home. Frost smiled in return, nodding affably at his introduction and Glasgow's acknowledgements. "I'm delighted to make the acquaintance of both of you," the mottled maiden stated, smiling as her emeralds slid between stripes and scars.

She remained quiet then, her gaze settling on the gray, awaiting to hear of the mysticism of the Edge. Glasgow's words weren't quite what she was expecting, but she agreed wholeheartedly. Frost nodded, dark mane bouncing around her slender features. "It's true, I'm sure either land would suit your needs," the Haruspex smiled, emeralds moving to Rye.

The mottled maiden wound her tail around her hocks, suppressing a shiver and moving closer to her silver companion. She cared not who Rye chose to follow, she only prayed he found peace wherever he ventured, and perhaps a shelter from this chill.

CRIES BC THIS IS PITIFULLY SHORT BUT I DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO WRITE @Valkyrie

image || table
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Absent Abyss
Mouse

It seemed both horses wanted to welcome him into their own herds, and both were equally enticing. Glasgow proved to be a very interesting mare unlike the ones from his homeland and the stallion wanted to learn more about her. Frost Fyre was also interesting and so was her stag standing next to her. Rye almost felt uncomfortable having so many eyes on him but then he remembered, he was Rye and no wonder people wanted to stare at him.

Frisking his tail from side to side his orange gaze landed on Frost Fyre once more “the Basin seems more than interesting …I’ve never seen snow until now” he admitted. “I’d love to join” he said with a raspy chuckle, his throat ached with the cold. Long legs moved Rye towards Frost Frye and her stag he gave them a small smirk.

Rye glanced back at Glasgow though with a more mischievous smile and a twinkle in his orange eyes. “Glasgow, we must meet again, you might be the most interesting horse I’ve ever met.” The stallion paused “Is it a deal?”

@Glasgow
@Frost Fyre

NOTES:

I think as the end nears of this thread all of our posts are short lol