the Rift

Everything Stays

Astrid Posts: 11
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Pegasus :: 18 hh :: 3
Bonita

Astrid
Pegasus Mare

The blue roan jezebel had felt as if she had just arrived but in all reality she had been here for some time, wandering in circles with no direction to go and no idea where she was. Every time she seemed to get somewhere there would be some large group talking that startled her and she would turn away. She kept her steps quieted and muted as best as she could for in all reality she didn’t know if she wanted to meet anyone yet. Her head was still in such a fog, she could not remember anything from her past, not one single damn thing. She barley felt as if she had a sense of self besides she knew she liked to be in a quiet place, it felt safer when it was quiet and she could hear her surroundings better. Where she was connected most with the earth around her. Astrid is blind. She can see outlines of trees, of the topography of the earth, and just the faintest touch of color. This has also always forced her into a world of her own, except for one person? She just can’t remember who.

She steps gingerly in the crunchy layer of snow, feeling how cold it is on her hooves and her skin. It has snowed quite a bit since she had arrived and it had felt like more of a dusting. The new snow has made it so much harder for her to see the ground. She can’t hardly hear the changes from soil to rock anymore and the wind has taken many sounds with its roaring in her ears this day. Her milky eyes scanned the world around her and helped her pick her way through the trees. Another roaring gust of wind (to others it may not seem as loud as it is to her) picked up and she turned her ears back and her face into the wind and squinted so that she could still somewhat see. Her blue body moved between the trees like this for a time, wings folded tightly against for body for warmth and to help not hit her wings on any unforeseen branches.

She couldn’t help but think about how she had not seen anything in a while when before she knew it she saw two figures before her. She stopped right in her tracks with a shocked grunt accommodating her astonished look. Her plan on avoiding everyone has failed for since one was blue and white (like the snow in her eyes) and the other male was a brown and orange color (much like the trees in her eyes) she had missed them completely in her sight. She snorted and raised her head high, eyes opening wide enough she that she could see their outlines now. Her wings separated from her sides slightly as if to look bigger than her 18hh stature already is. “I…I…do apologize. I honestly did not see you…or you.” She took a couple slow steps backwards and watched them to gauge their response to her presence.

WC: 512

DONT MAKE ME WALK WHEN
I WANT TO FLY

Messages In This Thread
Everything Stays - by Arende Trefe - 12-12-2016, 10:44 PM
RE: Everything Stays - by Sunjata - 12-12-2016, 11:06 PM
RE: Everything Stays - by Astrid - 12-12-2016, 11:54 PM
RE: Everything Stays - by Arende Trefe - 12-13-2016, 01:43 AM
RE: Everything Stays - by Sunjata - 12-15-2016, 12:50 AM
RE: Everything Stays - by Astrid - 12-16-2016, 12:08 AM
RE: Everything Stays - by Arende Trefe - 12-19-2016, 11:26 PM
RE: Everything Stays - by Sunjata - 12-21-2016, 11:35 PM