the Rift

Everything Stays

Arende Trefe Posts: 8
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 5 (Tallsun)
Adoptable
arende trefe

He couldn't help but feel concerned for Sunjata. Had his stay here not been as welcoming as it should have been? He knew adjusting to a new place and life was very hard, he knew this very well, but it didn't mean he wasn't worried about his old friend. What had happened that made him seem so... bitter? Before he could ask the man was speaking once again, and at once he understood, not because he could relate, but knew the tensions between the Korofi and Dorobians had always been high. Although he was fortunate enough to never experience the backlash of the war, he had heard the news and rumors of it on his travels whilst trading, and all of it sounded like an awful mess. War was never pretty, and although he never knew why it truly began, he also felt that such things happened for a reason, and one mustn't back down from a fight. That was not the Korofi way. They were great warriors that fought until the death, holding pride for their battle scars and broken wings and the blood upon their hooves. They would fight tooth and hoof to bring those who had betrayed them down, and would stop at nothing to bring justice.

That was Arende's goal after all, to bring justice to his beloved mother who had been ambushed, then left to rot because one of her sons has chosen not to care. A bile rose within his throat, his eyes fighting back tears as all the anguish resurfaced, and with all of his strength he kept them back as he listened to Sunjata continue. Although he hadn't personally met the Elephant King, he knew of him, and him ruling here meant hard times were coming should he decide to strike. However, perhaps he had come here for a new start as so many others had, and had decided to set aside the differences the two races had against each other. The white and red could only hope this was the case.

His mind was brought back to reality when the pretty damsel from before began to speak, her eyes filled with uncertainty with every word she said. He hadn't noticed until now how much taller she was than both of them, towering over the two by easily a hand or two, and the sudden realization made Arende feel rather... inadequate? The Korofi women were often smaller in size, lightly built and meant for agile, swift movements, instead of brute force like their male counterpart. It was hard in many ways to take in the tower height of this rather pretty woman. He didn't know where to go from there, other than the fact she was lost, and she needed someone to help her. Arende wanted to, he really did, but being just as new as she, he had no idea where to begin in this Helovia.

"That is quite the predicament Miss Astrid," he rumbled thoughtfully, watching her pleasantly despite his own insecurities, and he would have said more had the blue jay not interjected, suggesting both of them come with him to his home. Curiosity piqued, he listened to what he had to say before turning at the sound of the lady's response, and thus was left to think and possibly make his own decision. Should he follow his friend and settle for awhile? Perhaps he could grab Intel from others in the whereabouts of Gaal; but then again how long had he been waiting to finally face his brother again? Was his mother's vengeance worth waiting for? No, he immediately told himself. This was not something that could be pushed aside for later. His mother deserved better than that. How long had she waited for someone to heal her before she had died of infection? How many nights had she cried, his name falling from her lips telling him to hurry home because she needed him. And he had never come. Clearing his throat in hopes of once again blinking away the tears, he turned to his comrade with a serious expression, determination glimmering in his honey eyes as he finally spoke again,"I apologize Sunjata. As much as I enjoy our reunion, and would like to see your home; there is something I must do. I came here looking for someone, and I must find them with haste. Until we meet again, I wish you the best, and hopefully we can find Astrid a place to stay."

His nose gently bumped into his companion's in a friendly way, as if to show no hard feelings, before he finally addressed the pretty bluebird again. His eyes were filled with a sweet kindness, an apologetic smile across ivory lips as he approached her as well, though much slower, and offering his own muzzle to hers as a sign of friendship,"As much as I would love to speak more with you M'lady, I'm afraid there are other matters I must address at this moment in time. I do hope we can meet again." And he truly meant it, his smile filled with genuine earnest, it charming and alluring all at once in the most unintentional way. Had he been doing anything else, not been so worried about saving his mother's family name, he might have invited the beauty to join him. To walk for awhile and talk with him so they could get to know each other. He certainly wasn't unfamiliar with the ways of courting another, with the shy glances and giddy giggling as they played cat and mouse with their words, but he simply had put these activities on the back burner. His mother would always come first for him. Always. So with a dip of his head to both, he finally went to make his leave, heading in the direction Sunjata had come in hopes of being able to escape this maze.

"Talk."

i have never met a strong
character with an easy past
image | bckg

@Sunjata - sorry Arende decided he needed to gtfo... They'll meet again though! Lol sorry to cut this short, I'm just so excited to get him out there and since Myrrine's in the Throat right now I most likely won't want him there. Anyway, lemme know if you would like to thread again sometime @Astrid. Arende kinda thinks she's cute ;D

Messages In This Thread
Everything Stays - by Arende Trefe - 12-12-2016, 10:44 PM
RE: Everything Stays - by Sunjata - 12-12-2016, 11:06 PM
RE: Everything Stays - by Astrid - 12-12-2016, 11:54 PM
RE: Everything Stays - by Arende Trefe - 12-13-2016, 01:43 AM
RE: Everything Stays - by Sunjata - 12-15-2016, 12:50 AM
RE: Everything Stays - by Astrid - 12-16-2016, 12:08 AM
RE: Everything Stays - by Arende Trefe - 12-19-2016, 11:26 PM
RE: Everything Stays - by Sunjata - 12-21-2016, 11:35 PM