the Rift

[OPEN] careful what you wish for (joining)

Patrick Posts: 31
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.0 (wfg) :: 6 months
LovellaTorendo
Patrick

The resident, self-appointed, gate-guard stands politely silent as he awaits any response from the pair of slightly older foals.  It is pretty clear at first glance that they are siblings and probably even twins. Unlike the sandy lad and his own twin these children share certain obvious features and markings.  Twinship is something the boy understands, or at least should.  So, it is likely that he feels drawn to these visitors, even beyond his normal curiosity, by that common thread.

Unexpectedly it is the smaller of the two who speaks first, at this Patrick's ears stand up straighter to catch the clipped feminine tones.

"Wildfire... 'kay, good."

He never knew the Wildfire of course, he was born only just before the grand sultan died.  Still, he could not have lived in the Throat for any length of time without hearing that name.

The girl's claim confuses me at first.  In my mind the name Wildfire connects to the giant titan-thing on the island side of the bridge which sometimes responses to commands from important adults but mostly just stands silent and watchful.  Still, with all the things I have seen in this world since my birth who am I to say that a titan-thing can not have children.

For some reason the earth clumps clinging to girl's back make this even more believable.  And if that is true then it is probably also true that they should be here.  Pop's insistence that "herd" and "family" are the same is still too big a thing for me to really take in but the idea that actual family should be together has always seemed right.

I find it even easier to like the idea when I discover that the girl is not the only one of the two who is sparing with spoken words.  This is something I like very much and it puts me more at ease in their presence.

The male "calf" speaks next and when he does Patrick relaxes visibly.  His eyes carefully follow the other boy's protective movement and his head tips thoughtfully as he does.  When the clear statement of their intent ends he taps his muzzle to his own chest.

"Pat, il-o-ooos... errr... calve.  That right word?  Pat have sis-calve too, Pat know."

His gaze is firmly placed on the biggest and darkest of this grouping with those last reassuring words.  Their subdued meeting is quickly interrupted at this point and made quite noisy by the arrival of a pale, excitedly chirping dragon.  A grunt of greeting comes from the colt in answer to this creature's landing and he glances out beyond the new comers to spot her partner still in the distance.

"Gold-crown comes.  She have key."

This statement is offered to no one specific and soon enough they are indeed joined by the dainty, dappled mare with the golden head piece.  Patrick shuffles his hooves awkwardly as she shrewdly questions his presence there but he recovers quickly.

"Pat say, 'Pat gather'. Go out, look for good plant things. Find Wildfire calves first."

Next he stretches his head and neck up in an undisguised attempt to peer at the woman's back where she could potentially be carrying things.

"You gather good plant-things? Show Pat?"

She is already giving her full attention to the strangers by this time though so he falls quiet and remains that way right up until Arakh asks if she is the ruler. This gets a snort, though it appears to be in excitement over knowing the answer rather than any form of disdain.

"Nope! Gold-crown plant-keeper, hurt-fixer, teacher.  White-flame, gold-wing one with not-horn horns, funny tail and bird-head, cat-foot creature... she Throat leader."

A little breathless from this rush of words he turns away to look at the bridge that he can not open but does seem to very much enjoy crossing now that he has grown used to it.  He looks back to the two winged foals then and his eyes light up with happy enthusiasm as he offers verbal urging toward one of the offered choices.

"New calves try bridge, least once.  It fun!"

such big eyes you have
Image Credit || TABLE BY SEVIN

Arakh
Esinakh
@Najya

Messages In This Thread
careful what you wish for (joining) - by Arakh - 12-31-2016, 04:23 PM
RE: careful what you wish for (joining) - by Patrick - 01-26-2017, 10:33 PM