the Rift

[OPEN] careful what you wish for (joining)

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki

"I wanna be free as the winds that blow past me
Clear as the air that I breathe
Young as the morning and old as the sea"

”Ah, I see,” the russet mare said as Pat provides an explanation for his own presence outside the borders.  As for the pair of winged children, well, she had already ascertained as to why they had come to the edge of the sea. She offered patrick a small smile as he queried her about what she’d gathered.  ”Just a few things today!”, the little mare said to the unicorn colt, shifting to show him the chamomile and anise tucked under the strap of her sword. She wondered if perhaps he’d enjoy a lesson about the herbs she’d found, or perhaps on her next gathering trip he’d like to go with her.  Though she thought perhaps they could start with the herbs that could be found within the Throat before going too far from home.  There was plenty to be discovered within the borders of the Throat.

Her attention then flickered to the two children who had come to the desert seeking family.  

She smiled the winged colt’s manners. ”Pleased to meet you both,” she said, looking between the two bull-horned twins.  From her perch, A’mal chirps a greeting of her own.  The dragon has only fond memories of children, and had not lost her affection for them as she has grown.  The colt asks if she’s the leader of the herd - an astute question for one attempting to gain entry - but it is Pat that answers the question.  She smiles at his description of both her own role as well as his description of Aithniel and her companion.

”Quite right, Pat!” she says, with a small laugh, ”I’m not the leader - Aithniel is our leader. I am, however, one of the herd’s Sun Physicians - what we call our healers. However, I can certainly take you all across the bridge and welcome you home. Hopefully you can meet Aithniel in time.  There’s certain to be a meeting before long.  Until then, let’s get you across the sea and settled in.” Though she was not the leader of the herd, she certainly had the power to give the children what they wished - a home amongst their remaining family.

Her attention then turns to the filly - the quietest of the bunch - who seems somewhat perplexed at the prospect of a bridge.  Najya can certainly relate.  The very concept of an enchanted bridge had been confusing to her too until her first brush with flight.

“It’s a magic bridge, young one,” she said, as the exuberant Pat offers his encouragement at giving the wings of fire a try.  However, she knew that such a thing could be quite daunting at first for one accustomed to such things.  She knew her first trip across the sea had been equal parts thrilling and terrifying, especially since she had been accompanied by two pegasi - neither of whom wore the wings of flame.  

”Let’s go then,” she added, cheerfully, activating the pillar with her key and watching as the magical flames ignited to carry them across the sea.

N a j y a

image credit

@Arakh
@Patrick
@Esinakh

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Messages In This Thread
careful what you wish for (joining) - by Arakh - 12-31-2016, 04:23 PM
RE: careful what you wish for (joining) - by Najya - 02-08-2017, 01:04 AM