the Rift

[OPEN] We don't own our heavens now, We only own our hell

Saoirse Posts: 55
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Tribrid :: 16.2 adult :: 3 seasons [Orangemoon]
mar

The snow that moves off her body inevitably trickles down against his. The boy gives an unexpected giggle, darting away from the unexpected snowfall. He shrugs what dust has landed on him, giving a rigorous shake – a shiver passes through his body. A nervous giggle, that rings hard into the brisk air, lacking any rounded mirth.

He hums when her muzzle comes around. Concentrating on her warmth. His jade eyes stare into her own, not expecting the words that conjure from her mouth. How does he make sense of it?

“But ma… Why would you go? You’re beautiful, I can’t imagine anything taking your place…” Why was she doing this? Why would she be up there, unreachable from his grasp – she can’t be serious. So he glares from where she nuzzles him. Enjoying her attention, but annoyed and restless with her teachings. It’s as if she isn’t telling him the whole picture, and somehow the boy can sense this.

When she leaves her gaze for the sky, he follows it curiously. Saoirse coos, blinking into the canopy of violets and plum that race through the sky. “Do you promise ma?” He’s utterly confused, for a moment, but she offers him a promise he can’t refuse. The boy will take it whole-heartedly, word for word. With an uneasy swallow, he presses back into her side just as he’s about to say something. “You know, you leave sometimes and… I get scared. When you do that. I don’t know where you go, ma…”

He wasn’t sure what was so terrifying about being alone. He merely understood it was lonely without her, without anyone. The boy would try to amuse himself, but often times, her departures rattled his head with untruths and lies. Anything to make sense for the wanting that cursed the boy.

Reluctantly he trails beside her when she moves ahead. Slow at first, as the boy tries to tackle her words alone inside his head. When she speaks up, the colt snorts and laughs at her. “Yeah right! Ma, I’ve waited MY WHOLE life for this!” The boy squeals, and jumps about happily. He can’t wait to touch the many-colored skies beyond them, the stars, the wind that embraces all who bear wings.

He watches her, keen, eager – heart pounding hard into his ears. “Ma, I’m always brave!” It’s just that he isn’t so sure about his wings, hasn’t felt the air glide above and below them – can’t exactly fathom how it might carry his body like it carries his mother’s. He steps to the edge of the small hill, staring down below at his mother.

“I’m fine ma, I can do this!”

Saoirse felt like he might vomit, as he backed up, and aimed for the cut off. He forgot to breath, held it in as he ran towards the edge with his wings spread out. The boy yelled as he lept from the small hill. Heart dropping when he could no longer feel the ground – wings, bearing the weight of his body.

He literally couldn’t believe it. And for a few seconds he was gliding quite fine. But the moment he lost confidence, as it wavered and as he looked below he crumbled fast, crumbled hard – and he began to fall mid glide with a squeal.

The boy tumbled down, the impact not very hard at all – as he came to a stop at his mother’s feet. Having snapped his eyes shut, he hid his face behind his wings. Swathed in a shameful dust cloud.

Image Credits

@Sabia      - I like that song! :D Also, sorry, got so much muse for this little guy

Messages In This Thread
RE: We don't own our heavens now, We only own our hell - by Saoirse - 01-04-2017, 06:03 AM