the Rift

[OPEN] We don't own our heavens now, We only own our hell

Saoirse Posts: 55
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Tribrid :: 16.2 adult :: 3 seasons [Orangemoon]
mar

He uncurls from his spot when he feels her muzzle against his neck. Her praise fills his soul with much needed confidence. Saoirse unravels himself with a shy smile, looking up at his mother.

“You think so? Really?”

The boy’s smile beams, his eyes are bright and he offers an unexpected giggle.

Saoirse stands and gives himself a quick shake. Dusting off as she began to coach him. “Right, gotta… beat my wings…” He swallowed dryly, and licked his lips as he bound around to the top once more.

“I know you can do it!”

His once flailing gusto disappears with mother’s approval. He can conquer the world knowing that someone’s got his back. This time, when he approaches the cliff from a slight distance, he takes it as a challenge to prove his worth. The fear is no longer as pungent, but it tickles his insides with each hurried breath.

Eyeing the edge, the grey colt with fiery tufts of hair canters ahead. Wings spread to take that unfamiliar weight. As he darts off the edge, he holds his breath a second time – fighting to grasp the character of the air underneath and atop his wings. And just as he feels the impending start of gravity take a hold, he squeals with the effort of plunging his wings down and up. Limbs kicking out, as if he was ‘running’ on the ground, and without realizing it he continues to fly out beyond his mother. Further out into the sands, with the ocean nearby.

“Ma!! Ma!! I don’t know how to laaaaaannnd!”

And now he can’t stop, can’t risk plummeting against the rocky shores that approach.

Image Credits

@Sabia :: sorry Mouse! ;__;' My Saoirse muse has been flailing. I hope you can forgive me! ><

Messages In This Thread
RE: We don't own our heavens now, We only own our hell - by Saoirse - 02-06-2017, 09:13 PM