the Rift

Dorobo's Finest

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
the cigarettes you light one after another
won’t help you forget her
The man rose to his hooves, his towering height and jerking motions made me feel a flicker of fear, only for a moment. I had dealt with large men before, maybe not successfully (Volterra), but I had dealt with them.

Oh, but his hissing, foreign words and sharp glares at my wings made me sure that this type of beast was one I had never dealt with before. "Uh - um," I stammered awkwardly with a black plume of smoke pouring from my lips, pale ears flicked firmly backwards. Fortunately for me, his tone eased, and then, in a choppy, gruff voice, his tongue switched to mine. An expression of relief rushed over my features, my pale amber gaze lighting up at the realization that at least he spoke some of the common tongue.

"I understand you now," I stated slowly with a nod of my head. I didn't have to say anything else, for moments later, I saw a ghost. The apparition's alabaster hide glowed in the strips of moonlight that fell through the trees, her steps light and careful. My lips fell apart as my gaze lingered perhaps a little too long on the fair girl. It took more than a moment for me to realize she wasn't a ghost at all. I noticed she brought with her the scent of pine and misty mornings; it was only once I made this recognition that I pulled my gaze away from her. So many of my herdmates were strangers to me, a fact that had never ceased to rip at the edges of my chest.

I let her do the talking, choosing instead to do the listening. I watched the blood covered behemoth carefully, my head held high, smoke trailing menacingly from my lips with every breath I took. I found the man highly suspicious, moreso now because he seemed to lack injuries despite the blood on his body, and that I knew I had a herdmate to protect.

@Kyauta <3

image | coding
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
Dorobo's Finest - by Kyauta - 12-20-2016, 04:30 PM
RE: Dorobo's Finest - by Auriel - 12-20-2016, 04:54 PM
RE: Dorobo's Finest - by Kyauta - 12-20-2016, 05:49 PM
RE: Dorobo's Finest - by Ráeru - 12-20-2016, 11:22 PM
RE: Dorobo's Finest - by Auriel - 12-22-2016, 01:01 AM
RE: Dorobo's Finest - by Kyauta - 12-30-2016, 03:23 PM
RE: Dorobo's Finest - by Arende Trefe - 01-03-2017, 02:44 AM
RE: Dorobo's Finest - by Ráeru - 01-03-2017, 05:41 PM
RE: Dorobo's Finest - by Kyauta - 01-08-2017, 01:47 AM