the Rift

[OPEN] Hold My Hand Against The Night

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

let the winds erase me,

like the memory of a kiss

The day breaks cold and windy in the Edge. This isn’t uncommon, but it’s worse than normal. It’s a day that’s too cold for flying, almost too windy as well. A day where certainly, the tri-colored mare would not be taking off the cliff. Though she probably wouldn’t anyway, a sour taste still in her mouth from the challenge that had recently taken place there. A rank challenge is one thing. Trying to push your herd mate off a cliff is another entirely, particularly when said herd mate doesn’t even have wings.

Is it her place to talk to Toulouse, having brought the stallion in the first place? Or does that fall to Iona, Tembovu, and Alysanne? She doesn’t know. Once, she would have known exactly what to do, but she understood her place in Morham better than she does here. Mostly, she keeps quiet and out of the way, healing when necessary, but not getting involved. It doesn’t seem the place of a Doctor to meddle in the political affairs of a herd, but maybe she’s wrong. Maybe it could be her place.

But then, of course, the constant question in her mind; do I want that to be my place?

She has a chance to give up politics. To simply heal and collect herbs and learn. To make sure her herd stays safe. She has a chance to give up batting her eyelashes and keeping the peace, and chance to care about her own life first and foremost and about politics second. Sometimes, she wants simply that. Other days, she remembers who she was raised to be, and wonder if that was in fact who she always was. Always will be.

The wind whips her teal dipped mane and tail around her, and she tucks her wings closely, moving through the trees and trying to find some level of shelter and something to do. Maybe a trip south to warmer weather. She could gather herbs. Yes. Warmth and work seemed like a good combination to get her head out of her past. She makes her way to the garden, planning to grab some jars and maybe a few moments behind the glass walls of the greenhouse. It may not have a roof yet, but still, the walls provided some reprieve from the biting cold.

The greenhouse is just coming into view when snow begins to fall. The winds relax, and she finds herself thankful for the snow that now dots her hide. There’s something peaceful about the Edge when it snows, a soft hush that covers the land and quells the wind. She keeps walking, enjoying the snow though still planning to head south until she spots someone at the garden.

At first, she assumes it probably Tilney, but as she moves closer, she realizes that it’s not the other Moon Doctor, and she’s strangely glad about that. She’s not sure why she’s been so sour around him lately, but she has, and she doesn’t feel like thinking about it or hearing her brother’s voice chiding her today. She keeps going, and soon, she realizes the form pressed against the wall is Ru.

A happy, friendly nicker drifts with the lazy snowfall from Lyanna’s mouth, and when she’s close enough, she reaches out her nose to tap her friend on the neck. “Ru! How are you? Oh, come in, come in. It’s a little warmer inside.” She motions Ru toward the greenhouse entrance, leading the two of them into the snow covered garden. There’s not much to see this time of year, but it is warmer, despite the snow that falls through the open roof. The wind can’t quite find them in here.

“It’s a little more exciting in spring, when we can plant again.” She admits, gesturing with her head to the rather snow covered ground. She digs her hoof into the snow, kicking it aside until some of the ground becomes visible. “We try to plant all manner of things, though without the roof, more native plants like ferns and mosses still do best.”  

lyanna

let these waters takes me

Image © Rhiaan

@Ru - sorry that took so long!

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
Hold My Hand Against The Night - by Ru - 12-22-2016, 01:52 AM
RE: Hold My Hand Against The Night - by Lyanna - 12-29-2016, 09:56 AM
RE: Hold My Hand Against The Night - by Ru - 01-05-2017, 03:20 AM
RE: Hold My Hand Against The Night - by Lyanna - 01-07-2017, 08:36 AM