the Rift

Beating of the Waves

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

I only manage give her a gentle love tap with my hind hooves, but I suppose it’s better than nothing; it seems to be even better when the unknown feather neck’s counter-kick simply breezes impotently past my fleshy ass somehow. This time, unlike the last, I don’t laugh, mostly because I’m still bummed about my kick being relatively lame, as far as my kicks go. However, even though my buck had delivered lack luster results, my magical attack striking home manages to deepen my feelings of success, and as I turn back about to face her, my left shoulder throbbing with unpleasant pangs and pulses, a smirk tilts across my cocoa lips.

I don’t think I’ll ever quite get over their faces, when the magic hits them, and the sight of hers makes a dark laugh burst from my lips.

Her attempts to meet me falter, the Spark’s power not grabbing her as fully as it has some of my other opponents, and she even musters onward, fighting against the magic’s hold as she pops her front half up off the ground, and kicks her grit coated, left hoof out towards me. Slamming on the breaks, I mimic her partial rear at the last moment, my battered shoulder pleased with the respite from gravity and my own body weight, though my mind roils with the worry that she’ll manage to strike my soft nose, and I don’t get to enjoy it as thoroughly as I might.

I can smell the salty earth on her hoof as it decimates the air an inch from my nose, the gust of atmospheric pressure its passing creates tousling my dark locks across my brow. Falling back rightwards, I propel myself in a small leap away from her, and to the right, my left leg tucked up as I come down a short bound’s distance from the peculiar pegasus. Stumbling as I land, but not quite falling, I gasp with pain when my left leg instinctually taps down to balance me, quickly picking it back up again. I’m quite glad my gambit has paid off as I regain my composure without toppling over, having not trusted my leg to hold my weight at all if I’d used it in the initial landing, because I’d be awfully embarrassed to fall down now.

Thankfully, it seems like she’s done, because when I turn back around, her eyes are watching me with more wariness than the stern, warrior’s glances she had been shooting me before. It’s all fine by me, I think, liking the idea of finish a fight in which, for once, neither party was liable to bleed out anytime soon. I don’t think anyone broke any bones, either!

Grinning, hoping she holds no malice against me for wailing on her for a while, I stop, nodding my head that way I was taught by my fellow soldiers, when one wished for a spar to cease. Holding my left fore quite gingerly, I call out over the croon of the wind, across the short few feet of beach which separates us.

"Good fight, yeah?" I say, looking at her shoulder, where my blade had pierced her skin, while my companion returns to my side, from his distant post. Though I don’t know her, or really care what she decides to do in regards to healing it, I can’t help but wonder what she plans on doing about it, or if she knows how to keep such wounds from getting infected, if she doesn’t mind the scars. Eager to know more of her, but wary, as usual, with my own identity, I introduce myself falsely, but with a decent enough amount of charm, words interspersed with deep breaths of excursion. "I’m Calor, and this is Ryn. Who are you?"

633 Words | Closing Defense
[ OOC: You too! We'll have to do it again sometime. :D ]

Art by Esa82@DA

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
Beating of the Waves - by Ru - 12-22-2016, 03:03 AM
RE: Beating of the Waves - by Rikyn - 12-28-2016, 04:05 PM
RE: Beating of the Waves - by Ru - 12-30-2016, 03:01 AM
RE: Beating of the Waves - by Rikyn - 01-04-2017, 02:16 PM
RE: Beating of the Waves - by Ru - 01-18-2017, 10:08 PM
RE: Beating of the Waves - by Rikyn - 01-26-2017, 10:18 AM
RE: Beating of the Waves - by Ru - 02-04-2017, 01:11 PM
RE: Beating of the Waves - by Rikyn - 02-10-2017, 11:25 AM
RE: Beating of the Waves - by Blu - 02-10-2017, 11:45 PM