the Rift

[PRIVATE] Lights

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

Why could he not bare the burden of looking at her? She had not done this to them, this stain was not worn upon her breast. The magic sparked in her eyes, a growl sounded low in her throat as she fought it back. She wanted to make him look at her. The moon doctor should see the pain that he was decorating her with, watch as each delicate stroke of his paintbrush broke her a little more. After he cleared his throat and shook out his mane, only then was the stallion able to straighten his spine and look directly at her. Twin colts. She could only blink. Well she'd been expecting at least one child, but this, twins. The rest of his words held no meaning to her, instead the pain within her chest grew into a raging fire. With a cry the doe could only turn from him. The desire to hurt him, make him feel the agony he'd inflicted upon her was stronger than anything she'd experienced. "I never would have..." Was her whispered response, although it was directed to the rain that soaked the ground outside. "You haven't just betrayed me Tilney." The silver doe wondered if he saw the collateral damage he had caused with these decisions. "You've betrayed those boys, their mother, this other woman, Maude and us." Shaking her head she turned and looked back upon her mate "That will be your burden and your shroud." It was a condemning sentence, although she knew she had no right.

He had not named her his judge, jury or executioner.

Eyes snapped back to him, cold and empty. "Fine, go collect your children." Putting emphasis on the word 'your' was a low blow. Besides, no matter who their mother was Arah knew she would see these boys as her own, raise them along side her own and give her life to save theirs if need be. It was not her who was speaking, only her anger and pain. "I will remain here with Maude." It was clear what she meant, she was not ready for their daughter to meet these other boys. First she wanted to accept this new reality by herself with their daughter, together they would welcome these colts into their home. "Perhaps I will have forgiven you by the time of your return." The doe did not want this conversation to continue further, did not wish to look upon him anymore. Now she needed space so she could process and accept this situation.

Yet she knew first hand the dangers of traveling, was this really how she wanted to leave things with her lover? "Just." She stopped and sighed, exhaling her anger. "Be safe and bring those boys home." If he was worried for their well-being then the place these boys should be raised is with them.

Yet she was still bitter enough that she did not want Tilney to think himself forgiven. Moving to the entrance of the cave she laid down with her back to him, watching the rain fall outside their home. Sometime passed and Wynter eventually returned. Missing nothing the creature shot a filthy look towards Tilney then curled up beside Arah, offering warmth, comfort and companionship for the night.

@Tilney
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Messages In This Thread
Lights - by Arah - 12-23-2016, 12:40 AM
RE: Lights - by Tilney - 12-24-2016, 01:40 AM
RE: Lights - by Arah - 12-26-2016, 07:24 PM
RE: Lights - by Tilney - 12-28-2016, 06:34 PM
RE: Lights - by Arah - 12-29-2016, 08:54 PM
RE: Lights - by Tilney - 12-29-2016, 09:56 PM
RE: Lights - by Arah - 12-29-2016, 10:50 PM
RE: Lights - by Tilney - 12-30-2016, 10:15 PM