[PRIVATE] put your heart where your mouth is

Rein Posts: 44
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 2 years
prissy
Rein
and just as you could not contain the sea
you could not contain me
The boy pulled his golden head back, blue gaze roaming the tear stained face of his mother. His brow furrowed. The sight of her wet cheeks caused his chest to ache. Instinctively, he lifted his little golden lips and aimed to brush a few of the teardrops away, if she would let him. He didn't even think about how easy it was to lift his crown and be so close to her height, though later he would, and be startled by how time passes.

He smiled at her stutters and nodded his head. "I'd like that," he smiled reassuringly, despite the part of him that wanted to say we shouldn't have to catch up, you should've been with me, we should've stayed together, this isn't how it was supposed to be. He didn't let that part of him say anything, though. It wasn't the first time he suppressed it, and it wouldn't be the last, he was sure.

Her next proposition he couldn't be as sure about. Go live in the Edge? He stayed silent for a while. His dark blue gaze slid from her eyes to her chest, and then to nowhere at all. The blood stained boy bit his lip as he carefully considered the idea. It would mean abandoning his father, though he hadn't seen the Clovenheart in seasons now. His father's dream had withered, and the Unbound had always been just that, his father's dream, not his.

The yearling's eyes moved briefly to Tembovu, a specter that the boy had caught a glance of earlier (it was hard not to spot the Elephant King). Rein's ears flicked backwards with uncertainty, his chest feeling heavy at the sight of the King watched over his gilded mate. What right did Rein, the bastard son have to intrude upon their happy new life together?

His uncertain blue gaze drifted back up to his mother's, searching her face for a semblance hesitance clinging to her lips or her lashes. Maybe she had offered an invitation to the Edge out of courtesy? To not sound rude? Oh, but she had sounded so genuine and he wanted so badly for it to be real. "Ar—are you sure it would be okay for me to be there?" He asked softly, hesitantly, his blood lined face nothing but concerned (and a little hopeful).

@Rexanna right in the feels man ;~;

"Talk."

image | coding
[Image: 56b8020492908]

Messages In This Thread
put your heart where your mouth is - by Rexanna - 12-23-2016, 12:47 AM
RE: put your heart where your mouth is - by Rein - 12-24-2016, 03:51 PM
RE: put your heart where your mouth is - by Rein - 12-31-2016, 03:40 PM