the Rift

[PRIVATE] put your heart where your mouth is

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
Rexanna

I’d like that.” He mentioned to her when she asked if they could catch up. Relief swelled in her breast momentarily, eyes seeking his as his lips brushed away the various tears that had slipped from her black rimmed eyes. She wanted to hug him close, to never let him leave her sight as she had decided with all of her children as of late, but he was a strong independent young stallion now. She had to come to terms with the fact that he could make his own decisions now. And she would have to respect the choices he made – just as she had to respect the way the boy followed after his father.

Of course it was hard for him to grow up with a family that rarely spoke to one another. With a mother that didn’t love the father, where there was the idea of trying to be parented by those who appeared to be strangers with one another. It was hard, and if anyone should know a thing or two about that it’s her. And oh, how she didn’t want him to have to grow up like that. It was the past, and the past stayed there. There was no use bringing it to light, and so in the dark it would remain.

As she asked him to come to the Edge with her, she was almost hesitant. Afraid of the answer, but reluctantly willing to accept it nonetheless. She averted her blue gaze from his own sapphire ones, staring gently at his blood splattered chest. Patiently, Rexanna waited for the dreaded words to leave her son’s lips, of how he had a duty to his father, and how he’d need to return to the Clovenheart at some point. And suddenly, she realized how wrong she was in her ways of how many times she had turned down Tembovu by saying those exact words. The thought of it hurt, sending a ripple of pain through her hide as it twitched as a reaction.

But those words she expected didn’t come from her beautiful boy’s lips. Instead, he almost seemed anxious and hopeful all the same. “Are you sure it would be okay for me to be there?” What did he mean by that? Was it because of Tembovu? Because of the idea that despite the happy family they had made up in the borders of the misted land, that he wouldn’t be welcome there with open arms? She knew she would. And if Tembovu didn’t she knew that she would fight tooth and nail to make sure her boy was happy.

That’s what mothers did, after all.

So she looked up, so sure as a small smile grew on the corners of her lips. “Of course, Rein.” She began, reaching for his neck slowly, aiming to brush her exotic striped face into his beautifully gilded fur. “I want you there, if you want to be there. I just want you to be happy, and I’d like to not miss out on any more of your growing up.” She spoke softly to him, her smile quavering and brittle, afraid of rejection. “No matter how much you grow up, you’ll always be my little boy.” Her voice had shifted to a whisper as she pulled her head away, her eyes seeking out his own. “And if anyone has a problem with you coming home with me, I’ll fight them for you.” Her gaze had grown hard, and perhaps a bit colder than she’d like. She wanted him to know that she wouldn’t let anyone get in between her and her child ever again.

"Talk."

@Rein SO MANY FEELS UGH
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
put your heart where your mouth is - by Rexanna - 12-23-2016, 12:47 AM
RE: put your heart where your mouth is - by Rein - 12-24-2016, 03:51 PM
RE: put your heart where your mouth is - by Rein - 12-31-2016, 03:40 PM
RE: put your heart where your mouth is - by Rexanna - 01-02-2017, 03:33 AM