the Rift

[OPEN] Live up to your first impression.

Isi Posts: 17
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15 hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Adella :: Common Brown Dragon :: Fire Breath Avis
Isi
And Adella
. . .
He didn't seem too bothered by my approach, and so I let the smile upon my lips dangle a while longer; if I had noticed his lingering gaze and heard the thoughts he spoke, I surely would have blushed and turned away. But that wasn't the case and so I stood as unabashed as a child who had nothing to fear from the world around them. I was too preoccupied with his rocks to really notice much at all, other than that he was the same species as me.

I stood momentarily with the giggle fading off as realization struck at his words. Magic! My brown eyes widened. "Oh, of course! I did not think of such." Where my words were casual before, I couldn't keep out the tinge of excitement when he explained what he was doing. I wasn't sure how I'd forgotten about all the things everyone could do; after all, I had a dragon who spoke to me. But I suppose keeping to ourselves has not done much for my improved knowledge on all things fantasy--with my simple equine body missing any form of adornment and having no magic to use myself. I had missed the company of others, I thought, the last real interaction being with Ilios and Elspeth.

I had only seen a handful of others use magic, so the man intrigued me quite a bit with his work. I peering even closer to his exposed rock, spotting the glint of metal he spoke of. I had only just been let into his job description, but my heart fluttered at the discovery. It had worked (because certainly rocks didn't naturally contain metal... at least I was pretty sure). I beamed up at my newest companion in a sort of 'congratulations' and moved a few paces back, remembering my manners and giving him space. "My name is Isi. I am... not from anywhere." Perhaps that statement sounded more melancholy than I intended, for really I was a known wanderer who happily moved from place to place. Adella, on the other hand, thought it better for me to find a place to settle and work on building myself from the inside out so to speak.

With that thought, I realized my brown dragon had intercepted within our bond again, listening in and finding her way toward me. The game!! I had forgotten about our round of hide and seek, sheepily sending an apology to her. From the somewhere-near-distance she flew over to sit upon my back, waving a hand at the stranger. "And this is Adella."

I paused a moment, mulling over what he had last said. "Say, if you are a mason do you create things from that metal you found there?" I wasn't familiar with how the different herds worked with their special magics; I just knew each member had a different role they filled. I gazed up at him, attention completely undivided.
... if my yesterday is a disgrace,
tell me that you still recall my name
/ image

(oops sorry for the POV change i forgot i write her in first person haha ;; )
@dragomir
[Image: kpEmnDB.png]
(please tag in every post)

Messages In This Thread
Live up to your first impression. - by Dragomir - 12-23-2016, 12:51 PM
RE: Live up to your first impression. - by Isi - 12-27-2016, 04:23 PM
RE: Live up to your first impression. - by Isi - 01-04-2017, 09:51 PM