the Rift

pick me apart

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki

It had been a long time since Najya had returned to the Threshold.  Too long, perhaps. But here she was again, winding through the trees, all but lost in a sense of nostalgia.  The memories returned to her hot and fast and it seemed like only days ago that she had stumbled her way across the border - sides heaving as if the hounds of hell themselves were chasing at her heels.  But those demons had been left behind now - she could no longer feel their hot breath on her fetlocks as they snapped at her legs, but she never truly forgot the sensation.  Today, better circumstances brought her to this place.  Today she had a new home, and she was finally at a place where she truly felt comfortable calling Helovia home.

She picked her way carefully over snow-dusted branches before distant movement drew her gaze.  She watched as a lone mare recklessly tore through the trees - reminding her so much as her initial foray into Helovia that her heart caught in her chest.  Instinctively, her legs carried her in the direction of the stranger, but she knew better than to run. The last thing she wanted to do was frighten her.

When she finally caught up, the mare had already been approached by stallion who was unfamiliar to Najya. Her curled ears flick forward as she catches their exchange before drawing to a halt a comfortable distance from the pair. “Hello!” she offers, with a little dip of her circlet-adorned head. “I’m Najya. Welcome to Helovia,” she offers, politely, though the second part of her greeting she directs specifically towards the mare.

“Are you alright?” the little mare asked, gently, as her hazel eyes flicked between the stallion and the obviously new mare. Najya could still remember how overwhelming it had been crossing the threshold. How desperately she had wanted to find shelter but how she had wanted nothing more than the leave this place and run all the way back to lands that were less overwhelming and more familiar in the same heartbeat.  She entirely aware of just how intimidating this place could be, even though now she knew just how much Helovia had to offer.  It had all been worth it.

On that note, Najya remembered how startled she’d been to see Ophelia’s dragon when she had crossed the Threshold, so to ward off any more discomfort she spoke directly to her own dragon through their bond. A’mal, keep your distance until I call you. I don’t want to frighten her. For her part, the little dragon was not offended in the least, and set off to amuse herself in the treetops out of direct sight of the equines until her bond mate called for her.

“Are you injured? Or perhaps just looking for shelter?” She asked, however she did not press for answers to her queries.

N A J Y A
Image Credit

@Mihtal
@Kiuaji

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Messages In This Thread
pick me apart - by Mihtal - 12-25-2016, 05:44 AM
RE: pick me apart - by Kiuaji - 12-25-2016, 02:34 PM
RE: pick me apart - by Mihtal - 12-27-2016, 04:11 AM
RE: pick me apart - by Najya - 12-29-2016, 04:05 PM
RE: pick me apart - by Mihtal - 12-30-2016, 03:47 AM
RE: pick me apart - by Najya - 12-31-2016, 04:12 PM
RE: pick me apart - by Mihtal - 01-02-2017, 12:45 AM
RE: pick me apart - by Najya - 01-04-2017, 06:22 PM