the Rift

Play a Thran X Hotaru Twin!

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
That’s right! There’s finally a chance to audition for a Thranduil x Hotaru kid!

This foal, along with its twin will be conceived soon, so we thought we’d give you guys a chance to audition. You can design this foal completely from scratch, no requirements! However we’d like it to be created with its twin in mind, which requires you to know about Galahad!

Galahad is a pale foal, with gold markings like flaming wings on his shoulders. He looks a lot like Thranduil. He will have the skills of his father and mother, but a heart of gold. Only, he’ll also have a secret he struggles with at first. He will have the ability to shift into a phoenix, and be at first unable to control it. So this will play hugely into his character. Much will be based on what happens, but in general he will be much like Thranduil, only have a knight like sense. He will work for the betterment of others, though perhaps dabble in the dark to achieve the good. Loyal. Strong. Brave. And stubborn.

The idea is that this birth is very troublesome, and Galahad is the weakling because of it. His magic is due to some heated conversations between the parents possibly. So you’re welcome to make the ‘firstborn’ stronger.

So we hope your foal might be able to link to him in some way, but that’s really it! We were hoping you have some creativity. We will be considering future ideals, how he/she fits with Galahad, and your current activity level (these kids will be busy!). Please fill out the following with as much as you can give us! The more details the better we can judge! Then send it in through PM (to Hawk and Brit!) or post here.

Design Ideas? Its alright if not, we can work it out.
Personality
Future Ideas
How interacts with his twin
Anything else?

Q & A
Can I just design it?
YES WE NEED HELP.

Do the twins have to be linked?
No, but we'd like it to be somewhat. Even if they're opposites, you're basing off of the one, so we just want some consideration of what's already there and the parents.

What does Galahad stand for?
Well its not elvish so...it still might change a bit -headdesk-. Basically though it is based on the more knightly part of the name. I wanted a good strong name for him, something that sounded like who he might be. But he's had several names, including Icarus (with the whole pheonix thing). So though unlikely, even this could change. Especially if it could be more elvish.

What does Galahad look like?
Feel free to skype for pics, but the closest I've got right now is pale palo with pink dusted knees and spine. A white dorsel with Thran's three slashes on the hips that then have three dots going down. His leaf is like his dad's only dots going out from the points. White horns shapped like thran's, and Ru's blue coloring eyes with white mixed in. Full white mane, and lion tasseled tail. Gold flamely looking marking SOMEWHERE on his body. That's pretty much it, but still subject to change slightly.

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

So I've gotten some questions already! Added them to the starter post for others benefit as well. Feel free to continue to ask here or elsewhere!

Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
Please send me the PMs as well so we can decide together!
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Laine Posts: 0
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 5'10" :: 25
Laine
Okay so hellfire shall rain down upon me if I make a new character but I designed a Hotaru x Thran baby like, a year ago and I still think it's pretty so like if someone wanted to use it they could o______o

http://sta.sh/04u10ris8m2

Shady Posts: 0
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 16.3 hh :: 21
Shady
...is there a certain deadline for all auditions to be in?

Asking for a friend xD

Ru Posts: 130
World's Edge Captain atk: 7.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1h :: 3 [Tallsun] HP: 60.5 | Buff: Novice
Mar
This is sooo, sooo tempting. But I doubt I could be active enough. ><
I made a design though. So feel free to use it if you want? Or anyone out there wanting to play a ThranXRex babeh

http://i.imgur.com/TNrM7FH.png

http://i.imgur.com/jlw9uB1.png

Design Summary :
Eyes: Silver/Metalic
Hair: Silver
Base Color: Pinkish/rose tinged, with gray dappling along neck, bodice, rump, chest and belly. Lighter legs. Forehead almost looks like it's a half blaze, but it's just a tad lighter than the base color - melds into the dorsal marking.
Markings: Leg barring/Rexanna's markings on hind legs, and shoulder (more lines on shoulder); dorsal stripe; partial Thran markings on rump; some birdcatcher marks on rump and neck, cheek; light lines against cheek
Hooves: Cloven; fore hooves and right fore hoof are dark gray, the left is pale white/peachy
Tail: Leonine
Horn v.1: Two main branches, with another set of smaller horns underneath them (they are separate).
Horn v.2: Single, spiraled - however the spiral edges are serated and kind of like rose thorns.

Random Ideas:
- If it was female, I would have called it Galadriel XD, or a male Fëanor.
-
Might be fun if when the twin turns into a pheonix, it causes the twin to manifest the illusion of 'white fire' along their shoulder markings/legs/cheek markings/left hoof - passive magic - that would have no burning effect. HOWEVER, since their twin isn't very good at controlling their magic, perhaps the illusion at first causes THIS twin to experience the sensation of actually getting burned by these illusions when their twin transforms into a pheonix? And over time, with more control, the illusions could cease these sensations unless certain emotions flare up. Or turn into an active magic where the flame can cause different things to happen? Or can actually be used to burn on will?

BLOOP, sorry/not-sorry. :F

LINEART CREDIT
Please Tag
Permision to use any violence/harm; nothing that would cause immediate death

Just bumping with a deadline dears! You have until January 7th (next Saturday) to get these in! The thread is moving along quick and we should be able to post the stats soon!!! To those who have entered so far thank you! We're loving reading through them, but to those still waiting please do enter! The more ideas, the more fun! =D

ALRIGHTY GUYS!
Sorry for the delay! It took us a while to figure out who we would like and for life to stop eating me. XD

I just want to take a moment though and thank you all. I think Brit will agree it was so wonderful to see such love for our characters be expressed. Each application we received made it clear that you all know these characters very well, and put true thought and care into your ideas. That, of all of this, was so wonderful and delightful to see. So thank you!

With that said we did have to choose, and it was incredibly difficult. Brit and I decided that if you were not chosen we would still love for you to one day bring your characters you created to life (so don't toss them out!). For this twin though we decided to invite Shady to play Galahads twin. Nova, Avis, WatermelonBob, and Mar, you are all more than invited (encouraged) to hang on to your ideas as we would love to help them come to life one day! Thank you all again, can't wait to get started!