the Rift

[OPEN] Dreams Fight with Machines

Amalrik Posts: 12
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.0 hh :: 1 year
Tamme
Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are gone

The world was vast and open, and he wanted to see every corner. Amalrik traveled on his own, unafraid and without burdens. His shoulders were free to flex and wander. That was the way of a child without tragedy. Bright lights - a bit naive. Hopes and dreams still changed and shifted without pressure forcing him in any direction. He was truly free, but sadly, not for much longer.

Death is a burden we never shed.

Amalrik's brows furrowed when he heard a familiar howl. Kirchoff. The boy turned on his haunches and quickly trotted toward the sound of his father's black wolf. He had never heard such emotion and panic in the musical tones before, and a pit started to grow in his stomach with every in closer. As soon as he saw the black wolf, he knew something serious was wrong, and he ran after the companion to where he saw a sight that broke his naivety clean in two.

His father's body lay listlessly on the ground. Only the wind rustled the messy, curly hair that chase his beard to his chest. A light rise and fall of his chest was the only sign he was still breathing, and Amalrik took a hesitant step forward, unafraid of the massive, red-eyed glowing wolf-machine nearby. The boy neared his father's head, gently reaching down to nuzzle at his black fur on his cheek.

"Father?" he asked, voice deepening with age. "What's... I..." he stammered, not even knowing what to say. Some broken things could not be fixed, and this... was one of them. A quick look told him that much.

Ulrik passed on his things, and Amalrik shook his head. "I don't... want your shit, dad. I want you..." he admitted, emotions clogging in his throat. His entire spine stiffened, and his long, lion's tail hung on the ground. What good was anything of his father's without the quiet, strange black shadow who raised him to be strong and adventurous? To see the world analytically and with wonder? To not take anything for granted?

"I... I love you."

Please tag me in every post

Messages In This Thread
Dreams Fight with Machines - by Ulrik - 12-26-2016, 11:52 PM
RE: Dreams Fight with Machines - by Amalrik - 12-27-2016, 12:25 AM
RE: Dreams Fight with Machines - by Ulrik - 12-27-2016, 12:39 AM
RE: Dreams Fight with Machines - by Rikyn - 12-27-2016, 01:00 PM