the Rift

Fortune (open/Herd Joining)

Tallow Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The buckskin mare's head hung low, parallel to the ground. She knew only one thing right now, she was changed. Changed and twisted. Insecure, but scared of relationships. Tallow's black forelock hung over her forehead, shining. Ears twitched as her hooves hit the ground, one at a time. Turning her head, her nostrils flared as the scent of a stallion weaved its way into her nostrils. Thank god, the mare thought. Her eyes, the colour of a forest, looked around for the scent's producer. Not finding anything, the mare continued. Then a palomino tobiano stallion walked out of the trees. Tallow's eyes settled on him, curious. Inhaling and exhaling, her golden ears listened to his comment. "I-I'm not exactly sure. But I do not have a home anymore." Her voice, though warm, had a glaze of coldness sprinkled over it, like she was wounded. "I don't care about that place any more. I'm starting anew, let me tell you that much."

He stopped in front of her, and his eyes, much like her own, looked her over. The femme stepped backwards, looking at him with a pinch of suspicion. Why shouldn't she be suspicious? She didn't want him to make her do something stupid. She wouldn't mind being his friend, but he'd better not expect best-friendship, or he'd be direly disappointed. She'd had too much experience of that. Besides. She didn't want to forget- no. She was starting anew, she told herself. A new mare, who didn't know who Figuro, or Mariah. But they'd always be at the back of her mind, though she didn't know that yet. They'd pop up whenever she looked at another horse, or bathed. She blinked for a moment and behind the stallion, she thought she saw a dark stallion. Stepping back, Tallow had a wave of confusion. But he wasn't there. He wasn't there anymore. Glancing at the ground, Tallow regained her composure. "I suppose I need a home. One like me does."

Messages In This Thread
Fortune (open/Herd Joining) - by Tallow - 10-28-2012, 08:34 AM
RE: Fortune (open/Herd Joining) - by Torasin - 10-31-2012, 09:34 AM
RE: Fortune (open/Herd Joining) - by Tallow - 11-02-2012, 04:24 AM
RE: Fortune (open/Herd Joining) - by Torasin - 11-03-2012, 06:50 PM
RE: Fortune (open/Herd Joining) - by Tallow - 11-03-2012, 09:14 PM
RE: Fortune (open/Herd Joining) - by Torasin - 11-05-2012, 02:42 PM
RE: Fortune (open/Herd Joining) - by Tallow - 11-05-2012, 09:43 PM