the Rift

[ O ] Without Ever Knowing the Way

Baelfire Posts: 5
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: 5
AlyGator
A flash of crimson thudded through the trees that caressed the threshold of Helovia. Almost metallic in the extreme sheen the pelt held, and it wasn't just because of the sweat that lathered the beasts shoulders as he canter on. White mane and lions tail flowing like a proud flag as he carefully pick his way through the unknown land. The usually stark white stockings on his forelegs splattered with mud and other such debris. The peach of the cloven forehooves, along with the bronze of his hind enveloped in the mud as well.

In all honesty he wasn't sure why he had pushed himself today. It felt like he was running home. But nothing looked familiar. Nothing felt it. It had been a long time since the behemoth had known that feeling. He couldn't even remember that though. At seventeen hands the stallion made no attempt at being silent. There was no point. The large hooves attached to the muscled form simply did not allow for him to sneak about.

There was a nagging thirst tickling the back of his parched throat. One he'd managed to ignore in the past twenty minutes. But its demands appeared to be growing - less a thing to be ignored. Alas the muddied creature slowed to a trot through the slush and mud. Mid day sun warming his back. Nostrils flaring as he looked for somewhere to quench his thirst. At finding a brook the muzzle dipped. The gulps stung his gut and offended his throat as cold as the deep inhale of water had been. But he continued until his thirst felt thoroughly sated. Upon that he found some things to nibble upon after lowering his large form to the ground - humming a tune he'd learned over the past few months. As he'd found that the art of music rather soothed his soul. While it couldn't fill all the large, gaping empty voids. It always provided comfort to him.

Abruptly the humming stopped at the sound of a twig snapping, ears swiveling towards the source, unnerving pale blue orbs scanning for the culprit... "Hello" came the tired, yet calmly spoken word.

NOTE || Honestly no preference at this point where this baby goes. Come on in. Meet my lovely derp who only remembers the last year of his life. He wants to find a home <3

"speech here" thought here

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

Making his way across from the Worlds Edge, Sacre entered the Threshold with a bounce in his step, carving his way through the rejuvenated woodland that was bursting back to life with the help of Birdsong. On the last few occasions the fox-boy had been here he had meet some... Interesting characters to say the least. Mostly just strangers turning up in a place they didn't know, or once knew, and telling him to get lost when he offered them help. With the many occasions that had happened to Sacre he was beginning to wonder if it was simply the way he looked, the macabre red on black that made him appear as if he was constantly tattooed in blood, perhaps this made horses so inclined to reject him all the time. Or maybe he just looked like a walking punch bag easy for those with a foul mood. Either way, he was a gluten for punishment it seemed as he returned to Helovia's claiming grounds, following the stream, this time flanked by a fox or two. Besides, recruitment duty took his mind off recent events that brought guilt and sorrow with them, he concentrated on the gentle bubbling of water beside him to coax his own mind from the bottomless pit of self-inflicted torment.

The odd trio of horse, fox and kitsune continued through the woodland until Sacre noticed signs of another passing through and followed the not-so-distant sound of munching. Another cluster of trees, a corner and a brook later, Sacre came upon someone redder than he was. Taller too, with flaxen hair running down his neck, back and leonine tail. His blues travelled up to the antlers and then to the skull marking that jolted his heart, a picture of the girl Nymeria stumbling into his head. He closed his eyes, pushing the intrusive thought away, before opening them again to greet the stallion with a gentle, welcoming nod. 

"Hey" he replied, casually, as if he was talking to a friend, wondering if this one was a newcomer or a returnee. Either way, he began as he usually did, with an affable smile and a good intentions "am I intruding? are you new here?" he asked, almost bracing himself for the potential rejection that seemed more likely than anything else. From below, two sets of beady eyes watched the stranger, not sure of his intentions they lingered near Sacre, but their curious gazes lingered all the same.

show me your fears, show me your scars
I'll take whatever's left of your heart

image credits

@Baelfire aah I couldn't resist

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Outcast
AlyGator
He looked like a right mess now having let himself carelessly sprawl in a lazy manor in the mud and slush. White hairs dipping into the dark murk that surrounded him. The stunning red now at the least splattered mostly with the mud flecks. He didn't mind it much. It was a little cold. But it wasn't frozen. It had a squish to it and honestly - it felt good. He could bathe when the chance presented itself. And the sun provided such a soothing, warm reprieve from the harsh winter he'd experienced. Gladness filled him at the end of the season.

Winter had been a bitch with the fact that his pelt apparently didn't like to grow out much if at all. The thick mane that sprawled all the way down his spine connecting to the hairy lions tail of his had helped at least. It would seem he was capable of surviving. Some things had just come as second nature. He couldn't remember other winters really. Aside from what he experienced this past year... It was strange, and yet had become familiar. That nagging feeling like someone had reached in and scooped parts of him out like ice cream. But what exactly... He wouldn't truly know most likely. Perhaps ever.

The large form labored back to his feet. Simply out of the fact he was tired and his body protested getting back to its prone position. He spotted the one - rather ones - whom had made the sounds of which caught his attention. It was peculiar to him - the three beasts traveling together. Even brought a slight smile to his lips. The other steed was not as tall as himself. And while a competitive one, he wasn't violent unless he needed to be. And while he had an almost haunting, macabre look with the skull print facial marking and pearly white blue orbs... He was always happy to be social. Pleased to make a new acquaintance.

Smile if anything grew instead of fade. Head dropping with a greeting with a nod. Also as to bring himself in a sense to the blacks level. The stranger himself had interesting marks upon him. Yet he didn't judge. Whom would he be to judge? "Not at all", presented Baelfire at the other's inquiry, "If anyone is I would assume it is myself as I am indeed new here," the pale eyes lacking any visible normal pupil looked around, "It appears to be a lovely land. Is this a herdland?" Baelfire inquired, chuckling as he shook his head, "Apologies. So rood of me not to introduce myself. I am Baelfire. But it seems most become accustomed to calling me Bay or Bael for simplicity sake." the smile turned to a more impish grin, "You may call me what you like."

NOTE || I was going to bed and then I was not tired. Curse my sleep patterns. So instead now I post :D

"speech here" thought here
{ @Sacre }

As the smile stretched across the strangers lips, Sacre breathed a small sigh of relief, at least today it didn't look like he would be chewed up and spat back out for daring to welcome another. No, instead, this rather tall and brutally red, scruffy around the edge stallion, was kind in his greeting and the fox-boy warmed to him instantly. The contrasting white and red made him an eyeful to behold, perhaps quite a fright to run into on a misty evening, though this day Sacre felt nothing but serenity in his presence and a burning urge to get to know him more. So he too dipped his head in cordial greeting, the motion inviting his foxes out from where they once hid behind his legs to edge closer to the fellow, smelling the scents that might still linger on him from his travels. "Bay, then" the fox-boy smiled, picking the nickname from the list given, it was short and easy to remember, though Baelfire wasn't exactly hard to forget either. It rang through his mind as if he was part of some epic story or legend; one of those clever sounding names. 

It was then that the young healer shook his head gently, admiring the red's courtesy even when he was in unfamiliar territory, though Sacre visited here very often, he claimed no right to the Threshold—just like everyone else. It was a gateway to their lands, a place for the lost to be found. "You're not intruding, this is no herd land, though beautiful it is" he smiled, nodding to the forest around them that was brimming with the coming of Birdsong. "This forest is one of many places in Helovia, the general name of the land in which you now stand" he explained a little more, trying not to regurgitate everything at once and keep it fairly simple. The rest he could find out himself.

"I'm Sacre, a healer from the Worlds Edge herd, this is Inari" he nodded to the red fox "and Ríona" glancing once at the Kitsune who was staring up at the red man, her eyes glittering. Sacre didn't bother trying to rein them in, they wouldn't listen anyway. "I come looking for newcomers like yourself, to see if I may help them and if they're interested in joining the Worlds Edge" he offered, as smooth as he could manage. 

"So, may I help you?" he asked, with a playful wink and a wide, bright smile.

Sacre fell silent then, waiting to see how Bay would answer and any questions that might arise with it. 

image credits

@Baelfire so sorry for the wait!! I should be back to normal activity now <3

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Outcast
AlyGator

baelfire
There was a good percentage of the time that Baelfire really felt as if he did not know himself. Who he was... Like even to him he was but a ghost. Less. Not even a memory. Yet there where things about him that just... Well. They just where. They where a part of him in such a deep way even a lack of memory of his life could scrub it clean. Such as his outgoing personality. Baelfire simply was happy to communicate with new people - make friends. Forge relationships.

Unfortunately the whole traveling thing had made it so very difficult to really indulge that. At least making friendships on the depth he longed to. Ever was he picking up and wandering on. Looking to the horizon and hoping, wishing he could just recognize something. It had been a weary journey in that sense - the one where nothing ever did appear to be familiar and known. Funny how it had taken him until a few short weeks ago to realize if he kept on moving and pushing himself forwards - that nothing may ever be familiar again.

It was time... the time had arrived. He was going to make a place familiar. He would make a home. Integrate himself into a people. Sacre's arrival perhaps could be a harold to that very revelation he'd received not long ago. Perhaps he would finally allow himself to stop the fruitless journey he'd started out on what felt like forever ago.

A smile further formed on his lips at the introductions, "
It is truly a pleasure to meet you.
" And he did mean it. After all, for the eerie looks he boasted he really was a social beast with a loyal heart. "
The worlds edge you say?
" amusement in his voice, "
I had a woman tell me that my wandering feet wouldn't stop till I found the worlds edge. Though I don't think that was exactly what she had in mind when she spoke it
" - it was an amusing irony. One that cause a jovial laugh roll from his chest.

"
I am in fact looking for a place to cure my 'wandering hooves'
" came the steeds reply, he was after all tired of this journey he'd been on... "
What does this worlds edge look like?
" curiosity peaking in his deep tone.

NOTE|
Got killed by work and getting sick T-T - so sorry for the wait <3

"
speak
"

artwork { TAG @Sacre }

He laughed out loud at Bay's little anecdote, knowing the intricacies of fate, or coincidence in hindsight, how life did like to repeat itself in symbolic ways, as if nothing said or unsaid was ever trivial and somehow everything mattered in a way. Sacre liked to think that every thing, no matter how little, was connected somehow. That woman Baefire had met may be the reason they were meeting now—who knew! Though the fox-boy was surely glad for her wise words for it allowed him to build upon them and entice his new red friend more into following him home, to find a new purpose amongst new friends. "Perhaps she did, maybe fate was meddling as it often likes to" he winked at Bay "your wandering feet must be weary, have you been travelling a long time?" he asked curiously.

Then he moved onto the subject of the Edge itself, what does it look like? Misty. It was always the first thing that came to mind, though Sacre improved upon it when he spoke, thinking of all the little interesting things that might tempt a traveller to come look for himself "it is far to the west of here, on a clifftop with a forest, it can be very misty at times" he paused, thinking more. 

"We have lots of crafts to see too, usually made of glass, the signature material of the Worlds Edge. The land belongs to Goddess of the Moon" Ríona, at the mention of the God, suddenly sprang onto Sacre's back and plucked a figurine out of his tail before jumping off and laying it before Baelfire, making the fox-boy laugh. "Ah, here she is, our Goddess" he smiled at the glass figurine, that had been made so impressively by her son and his half-brother, Mesec. 

After that, he looked back up, trying to catch Bay's gaze, a glint in his eyes "yet it would be so much better if I took you there and showed you myself! There is much to know about the Worlds Edge" he smiled broadly, hoping he wasn't overwhelming the white antlered Baelfire.

image credits

@Baelfire <33 I love his new art :O I can make a new post in the Edge for them after your reply? If he decides to join that is ;D

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Outcast
AlyGator

baelfire
The world worked in mysterious ways. Ways that Baelfire surely had yet to really even begin to understand. And that wasn't just because of the fact he had so few memories left in his mind. The world was vast, so much to learn and be exposed to. He knew that. While it never lead him to his lost memories, it always lead him to make new ones. Such as the one he had divulged to Sacre.

Baelfire liked to believe that at the end of the day, everything would work out exactly as it should. Even if he wasn't aware of it at the time. That positive attempt at an outlook on life perhaps had been something that really helped him push on so long with so little. He'd managed to earn a living on the road at least. He could come up with enough to make it to the next place. Stop. Work a while longer. Then continue.

"
If I recall correctly, she would be rather pleased to hear that she was right,
" came the amused response of the red. Muzzle stretching to scratch at his back, muzzle burying in the thick cream mane that was now splashed with mud stains. Grunting happily when he got just the right spot. Turning once more to face the darker steed. Catching the wink, causing a chuckle to rumble once more from his chest, "
for as long as I can remember
"

That was the truth. For as far as his memory stretched he had been on this journey. That did sound exhausting. He was ready to put it to bed though.... He nodded, "
It sounds enchanting
" the titan's jovial voice carried. With interest he looked at the glace sculpture, "
A beauty indeed
", came his response, a smile curving once more over his lips. He caught eyes with Sacre, chuckling "
Well. I feel it may be fate. Lead the way to the Worlds Edge
"

NOTE|
Thank you! I was very happy with it. Ysval did such a good job T-T - and yes! of course. Take this dork home :D

"
speak
"

artwork { TAG @Sacre }