the Rift

[OPEN] A New Haunt

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
i was pure as a river
Enveloped by the mountain and surrounded by unfamiliar scents, Ghost was already feeling a vestige of excitement bubble in her chest as she thought about unlocking the vault to the Basin and rifling through their secrets. They didn't seem to be the unicorn squad anymore, otherwise she wouldn't be here, what had happened... what had changed since all those years ago, when Mauja had cast her spindly young self into the mercy of the wilds all for the wings on her back. Lost and confounded, she had even thought about ripping her own feathers out in order to re-gain entry—how the world did change. Though Ghost still sometimes felt the same pitifulness she had felt back then although these days it was for much different reasons and often self-inflicted. As her dark slate eyes caught sight of another, she shifted her weight to the other side, resting a leg, the compass was uncomfortable after long periods without untying it for relief.

Feeling Hotaru by her side and the bay mare, who had just arrived, standing before her, Ghost waited for the introductions that were usually made when meeting strangers. Lena? Lena... She searched through her mental itinerary of faces and names, but none matched, this one was new. It was almost like she sang when she spoke, harmonious and sweet, endearing and kind she seemed simple, simple Lena. Yet, the head of healing no less. Fantôme had already spotted the kitsune that accompanied her and had started to stalk towards the many-tailed fox, piercing a hungry stare that did nothing to mask his intent, but was stopped in his tracks by a sharp glance from the irritating bag of bones behind him "don't be stupid" Ghost frowned. 

On that note, she nodded a greeting to Lena, "my name is Ghost, I have come to join you here" plain, easy and honest. An outcast band and four herds later Ghost had gone through this procedure many times to have had enough of it, though she recognised the necessity of needing to know name and purpose, not that everyone always let such details fly. Ghost wasn't much of a name, anyone could be a Ghost, she had a feeling that had been her infuriating mothers point. 

They moved on to ranks, she knew the answer to this too being a creature of habit and not really ever having much interest in anything else (or perhaps it was just laziness) "I have been a spy all my life, why change" apart from that one disastrous stint as Czarina... That she really didn't need to bring up. 

From then on the options for conversation topic were blown wide open, should she ask about rank leaders, projects, enemies, allies... yes. It occurred to her, whilst travelling northwards, that she still had two keys tied in her hair that were no longer, technically, hers. They both unlocked the bridge that connected the Dragons Throat to the rest of Helovia and were only with her because she still hadn't deigned herself to give them back. Duty number one, as spy of the Basin, "actually, I have these" she plucked the two keys from her mane and cast them onto the floor for them to see "what are our relations with the southerners, should I return them?" she asked curiously.

@Lena sorry I'm a slow ass <3
but now I think I'm possessed
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Messages In This Thread
A New Haunt - by Ghost - 01-01-2017, 02:58 PM
RE: A New Haunt - by Lena - 01-07-2017, 04:39 PM