the Rift

[OPEN] new chances

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia
Isopia listened with a face that was both youthful in its openness, and also honest. She felt no need to be guarded around Alysanne, but not for reasons that she could entirely explain. It was true that Aly was one of the first faces she saw in the Edge, that she bore a resemblance to her Mother, and that she was here to apologize ... but even so, there was a flicker of wanting to make things work that she just couldn't explain.

Surprise crossed her face as Aly began to explain why she had felt so defensive, and Isopia felt her skull shaking in silent disagreement. "I don't think that at all." Isopia countered, quad-horned skull tilted slightly. "You stated your position clear enough, I just happened to disagree. Perhaps under other circumstances we could have talked it through more .." Isopia paused, trying to find the correct word. "Friendly?" She ventured, her head tilting more. "You aren't wrong that stealing is a part of Helovia's customs. To defend your sleuths seems to be exactly what a good lead would do."

But who was she to know anything about good leadership? What role models did she have?

Isopia blinked almost dumbly as Aly explained the why that motivated her to return the bags. Part of Isopia wanted to groan in disbelief. If peace was so important, why had the challenge erupted in the first place? Why hadn't Aly merely handed the bags over? Why did her body still ache from battle, if the battle hadn't even been-

>>You make her angry.<< Hubris interrupted her thoughts with one of his own. >>Maybe now she think you right, and think peace with you more important, but not then. Then she want to win because you being mean<< . Isopia frowned. I wasn't trying to be mean. Her logic was just- Again the dragon interrupted: >>Not everyone think logic like you. She here now. This probably not easy. Saying sorry is hard. Being wrong is hard.<< Isopia was about to shake her head, when Hubris' talons dug into the flesh of her back. >>You wrong too<<

"I'm-" A pause. "-sorry too." Isopia added hastily, aware that being explicit with her apologies was likely her best course of action. She felt as though she was being apologetic, but if she'd learned anything from her previous encounter with Aly, it was that perhaps she was not always interpreted as she intended. 

"When Cowboy told me of the bags, I'd only recently been promoted. It was-" A flicker of hesitation. But Aly already knew of her lineage, so there was no use skirting around it. "-my Father who promoted me, not the herd. So when he said the bags had been stolen, I thought I had to get them back, that it was my duty. When you disagreed, I thought challenging was the next logical course. I didn't realize that because you and I were leads - and Tembovu - that the whole thing would escalate so quickly, and on such a political scale. I heard the voices of those gathered, saying our alliance was ruined over one bag." Isopia's head shook, her eyes searching for Aly's emerald gaze. "It wasn't meant to be that." She concluded, shoulders slumped somewhat. 

"The Gods don't always do a good job of ruling. But we are expected to." She mumbled under her breath. 

Image Credits

@Alysanne

Messages In This Thread
new chances - by Alysanne - 01-01-2017, 05:11 PM
RE: new chances - by Isopia - 01-01-2017, 05:22 PM
RE: new chances - by Alysanne - 01-01-2017, 06:07 PM
RE: new chances - by Isopia - 01-01-2017, 06:22 PM
RE: new chances - by Alysanne - 01-01-2017, 08:25 PM
RE: new chances - by Isopia - 01-01-2017, 08:49 PM
RE: new chances - by Alysanne - 01-10-2017, 09:14 AM
RE: new chances - by Isopia - 01-17-2017, 05:30 PM
RE: new chances - by Alysanne - 01-22-2017, 01:49 PM