the Rift

[OPEN] new chances

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

i lit a flame in my heart to guide you home
The topic of friendship was not acknowledged, but Alysanne didn’t mind. She had meant what she said and did not require anything from Isopia in return. If, one day, the younger mare found that she did need a friend - Alysanne would be there. It was as simple as that for the painted mare, just as it had been all of the Czarina’s life. Though, perhaps, Alysanne should have made herself more present in the girl’s life all the same. Especially when Kahlua had left. Had it bothered the Czarina? Or had she truly not needed a mothering presence?

These were not questions Alysanne really wished to find the answers to, and so they would never be spoken.

Besides, Isopia’s next question changed the subject entirely and Alysanne’s thoughts quite turned away from thoughts of friendship and bonding. There was a pause where she thought carefully about her answer - not because it wouldn’t be honest, but because she was trying to remember if she knew or if she just had what she thought. It had been about two and a half years since she had last seen Kahlua and so much had changed for her in that time.

Her voice was soft and thoughtful when she did start to speak, her gaze gentle on the mare before her. She wished she had something more definite to give Isopia. “I don’t know for certain, but I believe the first time it was because of the invasion - when the Edge and Basin attacked the Falls and took over. Your mother wasn’t made for war or violence and I think it weighed heavily on her, especially because she was Queen at the time.” Alysanne once felt that she and Kahlua were cut from the same cloth - and if she had been Queen then, she would have considered every cut and blow and drop of blood her own fault and she never would have forgiven herself.

Even as a Moon Doctor, she still regretted not stepping up and voicing her concerns when the tyrants Kaj and Archibald had announced their plans.

“I heard she came back… not this Frostfall but the last. And was supposed to accompany Brisa to the Falls.” She watched the Czarina carefully, wondering if this was news to her, and her next words were just a soft whisper. “Did you get to see her?” Alysanne had not, and there had been no signs of Kahlua nor her troublesome dragon ever since she had heard the rumours, so she had assumed that something had pulled the Sunshower from Helovia once more. And about what that might have been, she was completely at a lost.  

image credits | coding by Neo

@Isopia
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
new chances - by Alysanne - 01-01-2017, 05:11 PM
RE: new chances - by Isopia - 01-01-2017, 05:22 PM
RE: new chances - by Alysanne - 01-01-2017, 06:07 PM
RE: new chances - by Isopia - 01-01-2017, 06:22 PM
RE: new chances - by Alysanne - 01-01-2017, 08:25 PM
RE: new chances - by Isopia - 01-01-2017, 08:49 PM
RE: new chances - by Alysanne - 01-10-2017, 09:14 AM
RE: new chances - by Isopia - 01-17-2017, 05:30 PM
RE: new chances - by Alysanne - 01-22-2017, 01:49 PM
RE: new chances - by Isopia - 01-22-2017, 04:00 PM
RE: new chances - by Alysanne - 01-29-2017, 07:58 PM