the Rift

[PRIVATE] Beyond the Sea

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
Thranduil

”This is idioitic.” The gold stopped on his heels and his crowned head, with harks pinned, glared back at the dark stag. ”Spend another night under a damn tree then.” The stag snorted and stomped in annoyance. This was utterly ridiculous. It was well past sleeping hour and they had been up since dawn, all because the gold still had not found a place suitable to sleep. Sure, the others hadn’t been the greatest, but they could make due, a thicket was alright. But it was clear the two had very different opinions on the matter. The stag had given in to the gold’s perfectionistic search long enough, he was tired and this was foolish to hunt in the growing dark. ”I will” And with that he stormed off and left the gold to his search.

The search left the gold near the cliffs, and it was becoming clear he wasn’t exactly searching anymore. Not for a hovel for the night anyway. A wind blew up from the water’s below carrying the moisture of the sea, misting his coat and sending a chill down his spine. It was spring perhaps, but the cold still gripped the region. Once in a while the gold would wander into the wood, searching, or look over the edge of the cliff to search for a path down, but nothing else arose. He was still without a sleeping hole for yet another night, much to his annoyance.

Yet there was one small consolation. Though this land still did not yield much kindness in the way of a bed or comfort, it did present the cliffs. After an hour of wandering, the gold had stopped and looked out into the mists. A gust of wind rose up from below, billowing back his mane and causing his eyes to shut against the mists. And yet, his lungs inhaled deeply, fully. And with the exhale the gold felt his whole body shutter. His earth eyes opened once more to the sea beyond, he saw beyond it, beyond the mists and miles, to the mountains, and tucked within, beyond the lake, a cave kept warm by only one. With one hark turned back the gold let himself come to the conclusion he knew he’d regret…He had to go north…he admitted…he missed her.  

Shaking the crowned head the gold let himself wake up from the half hypnotized state the sea had put him in. Enough searching tonight. There was no going back to Haldir tonight, but there should be some small thicket somewhere beyond. Stretching out his back, the gold shuttered off his deeper thoughts, and found, even to his surprise a small curl on his lips. Some humor returning. Perhaps this land had some positive qualities after all. With one last sigh the Laurelin turned to head in. 

"talk talk talk"

Credits: Image by FROSTIE!

<3 @Glacia

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie
Glacia

The waves crash in the distance, a rhythmic chaos. The water, it could be so gentle, yet so violent. Death at the oceans finger tips, yet in death it is a loving caress. Those who where lost to the ocean, joined her for all eternity. I tended to avoid her grips, after barely escaping once. She had wanted me then, who was to say she didn't want me now?

So, I listened to her from a cliff, swathed in swirling mists. The salty smell of the sea calming in the late night. You would think it would be pitch black, but the lady moon shone down still, her silver surreal light filtering through the fog to give off an eerie glow. If you looked up, you could see her face between broken clouds of the fog. Slowly, I backed away from the Edge, making my way back the way I had come. It was slow going, trying to avoid any holes, or rocks that appeared suddenly from the mists and the darkness. But it was a rustling that took my attention. My head turned in the direction that I thought it had come from, and my feet stilled. One leg stayed up, slowly lowering to the ground as quietly as it could be done. A moving song, suddenly stoic staring in the misty darkness waiting for whatever was in their swirling depths to emerge.

I was expecting something vicious honestly, As one could never be too careful even in herdlands. But I was not expecting the Gold stag to emerge. My ears flipped toward him, and a soft breath escaped my lips in the form of a sigh of relief. But my guard was not let down. A shiver ran through my body as I thought of that horrible stallion who had taunted me from the shadows, and whom I had yet to find, yet I knew he was still somewhere. Was this him? No. I knew him in passing, from my childhood, and other moments. What was he doing here? Did he now live here? Or was he sneaking in... But I was unsure of what to say, so I remained quiet instead, blue eyes studying him carefully, ready to bolt should it be necessary.
"Talk."
@Thranduil

Sorry this is crap. Nessie sucks.

image | bckg