the Rift

[OPEN] Old teenage hopes are alive at your door [CLEARING]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia
barefoot on a summer's night

@Volterra

His words continue to catch her off guard as their perpetual misunderstandings continue.

He seems to speak to her with such familiarity--to come and stand at her side and address her as he has--and yet she does not know him. Certainly she recalls having seen him at things; he is far too big of a presence to have missed him all together. But this?

Unless it's political.. she thinks, furrowing her brows slightly. Yes ... if he knows who she is and holds some sort of rank that she should be aware of, then he might well dispense for the formalities and jump into ... whatever it is he had on his mind. He asked if I trusted him...Idiot! Silently Isopia cursed her ignorance. Surely this had to do with the herds...he was asking broadly about what they all ought to do, not just what she thought.

His next comment seemed to solidify what she was already presuming to be true. Though she didn't know the language or meaning of the name he called her, she let it pass over her. She didn't know what language Czarina was either, though they sounded passably close to the same language ... Yes. Surely he is here in a political capacity.

With that leap improperly made, Isopia could only assume his next comment was in relation to her recent challenge of Alysanne and Tembovu. The Mountain's dark lashed fluttered softly as she closed them, taking a breath, and shaking her quad-horned skull ever so slightly. "I did what I thought I had to." She answered, her voice level, taking no notice of the softening of his own. After all, she was not one to notice such things. "And now it is over. It is done with and we can all move on." She was almost dismissive, not wanting to justify her actions any more than she already had.

She almost said, And I'm not sorry. I would do it again, but she refrained. Regardless of what herd this red-eyed stallion hailed from, she didn't need to make her situation any worse than it already was. 

He accepted her offer to help clear, and although Hubris seemed noticeably less enthusiastic in his greeting than he normally would have been, the demi-goddess shrugged off his odd behavior, and walked with Volterra deeper into the Rotunda's expansive forests.

Meanwhile, Hubris had taken to the air and was wringing his hands in front of an incredibly anxious bronzey face. This was bad, very bad. He bit his tongue for every word Isopia said to Volterra, knowing full well what Volterra was asking, and wincing at how the stallion would likely understand the answer she had given him. It was clear that Vérzés was not getting through to his bonded, and Hubris was horrified to think what Volterra might do when he found out. He hadn't really fought Isopia last time ... but what would he do now? Would he still be able to hold himself back?

The dragonling swallowed hard, and continued to trail behind the duo.

"You see there?" Isopia said, casually, nodding ahead to where a number of trees had partially fallen over. They were held up by the others, but blocked out the sunlight causing a significant portion of the ground below to become moldy and rotten as water lingered on the surface of the ground. "Seems like a good place to begin."

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: Old teenage hopes are alive at your door [CLEARING] - by Isopia - 01-02-2017, 03:45 PM