the Rift

[OPEN] Ghosts that will not stay dead

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

- I O N A -

”Perhaps I’ll be seeing you, then” Iona called after the golden, intrigued by this stranger but knowing better than to take the bait.  She could handle sarcasm and sass.  What she would not tolerate was her rank fighting like children who didn’t get their way, or causing grievous bodily harm to each other over something so ridiculous.  And why had one of her rank thought it appropriate to threaten eminent death upon the other in front of a crowd of spectators. She took a deep breath as she composed herself - knowing that she’d have to deal with the aftermath of this.  She was pleased to find that Raeden was still standing, and hopefully Tilney or Lyanna would tend to her soon - though Lyanna looked as if she was ready to heave herself off the cliffs.  Not a bad idea, she thought, bitterly to herself. 

”Mauja,” She managed, as she pulled herself together and drew herself to stand near the Frozen Light - content in the fact that someone else thought this situation was as absurd as she did.  And then Mauja was asking about Toulouse’s foray into the Throat - something that had decidedly caught the Specter’s attention, and Iona turned her attention towards the exchange.  What she hears stuns her. 

“You have an exceptionally poor memory, Sir.” Iona said, flatly, her anger boiling down into something closer to frustration because she simply had a hard time comprehending what she was hearing.  Mainly because, for the most part, it was entirely comprised of hot air, excuses, and bullshit. It took more effort that she’d like to admit to suppress an eye roll, but she knew that would get her nowhere in this moment.  She was going to be the bigger person, regardless of what venom and nonsense was spewed. 

“You did have a task assigned, one you still have not returned to me to report you have actually completed. I assigned this task last season,” Iona says calmly, but with an air amusement. Perhaps Raeden had landed a blow to his head, because it certainly seemed that all sense had left the gelding. But as he goes on the frustration stirs and the painted mare becomes incredelious. 

“I however did not and never would have assigned you toinvade a herdland with which we have an alliance for the very purpose that such a thing could compromise the very standing of the herd. Did you not stop and think that perhaps such a thing would need to be approved by the rank leads and our emissary? She said, looking at Mauja since, to be quite honest, she couldn’t believe what she was hearing. ”Taking initiative is one thing, endangering the herd is something quite different.” She quipped, hoping that no damage had been done between between the Edge and the Throat due to this...meddling.  She’d have to speak to Tembovu and her sister about this as soon as possible - perhaps send a true emissary to the Throat as well. 

”I also wonder exactly how it is that you know so much about what is going on within my ranks - especially when you have not even lived in this herd as long as you claim to know about our presumed failures? Iona certainly found this amusing, when the very nature of their rank was not to be seen openly and not to flaunt their successes.  Just how exactly did Toulouse measure them such a failure? What was he seeing or not seeing? You’ve lived here what? Two seasons? Three? When did you become omniscient, Toulouse? Furthermore, when did you ever raise any concerns with me?  Iona never raised her voice, but she was truly perplexed as to why the gelding had such a strong reaction over this illusion he had seemingly painted in his own mind.  It certainly didn’t match with the reality that she saw through her own eyes. 

image credit

@Mauja
@Toulouse

Mentions @Lyanna and @Thranduil

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Messages In This Thread
Ghosts that will not stay dead - by Lyanna - 01-02-2017, 01:01 PM
RE: Ghosts that will not stay dead - by Toulouse - 01-03-2017, 01:03 AM
RE: Ghosts that will not stay dead - by Iona - 01-03-2017, 12:19 PM
RE: Ghosts that will not stay dead - by Lyanna - 01-03-2017, 06:44 PM
RE: Ghosts that will not stay dead - by Tembovu - 01-03-2017, 11:25 PM
RE: Ghosts that will not stay dead - by Raeden - 01-04-2017, 12:01 AM
RE: Ghosts that will not stay dead - by Toulouse - 01-18-2017, 07:03 AM