the Rift

[PRIVATE] Family Matters

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie
Byron.

His name is Byron.

It bounces around inside her, causing all sorts of questions and feelings to well up inside her. Not wanting to look at the grown-up he pulls away from, afraid to see a woman prettier than her momma, more worthy of her father, she keeps her steely attentions on her brother, the dark brown figure of the woman a distant blur she refuses to give heed.

He’s got pretty gold rings in his ears, and his warm, honey eyes are framed with patches of white, and moony lashes. His easy smile with which he first greets her, before he notices her hostility, makes her think of daddy, and that makes her heart clench tight with hurt. It doesn’t feel any better when he smile falls away, and he instead nervously questions her intentions.

Why is she so mad at him, anyway? He’s never done anything to her. Heck, she hadn’t even known his name, until five seconds ago! Her glower becomes a frown, her eyes dishearteningly looking at her hooves, and glistening with tears she tries to blink away, before he notices. Her friends and family would be totally ashamed of how she was behaving, but it was so hard! Just looking at him made her whole heart hurt and yearn for closeness at the same time, and she hadn’t the slightest clue how to deal with it.

"I…I don’t know, Byron," she murmurs, looking back at him with a somewhat softer, embarrassed expression, "I’m sorry. My name is Maude. I…"

I think I’m your sister. I had imagined you copper, and cream, with daddy’s eyes. It hurts less that you aren’t so similar to him, after all. And where is the other? Daddy had said “brothers.” I look about for him, nervous to be surprised by another bittersweet arrow to my heart…

"It’s nice to meet you," she decides, instead, returning her citrine eyes to the boy, with a soft smile.

how to be brave
how to love when I'm afraid

Image by Araxel@DA

@Bartholomeo
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Messages In This Thread
Family Matters - by Byron - 01-02-2017, 01:13 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Maude - 01-02-2017, 01:53 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Bartholomeo - 01-02-2017, 04:40 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Byron - 01-02-2017, 05:09 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Maude - 01-05-2017, 04:12 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Bartholomeo - 01-05-2017, 04:41 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Byron - 01-09-2017, 12:25 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Maude - 01-09-2017, 01:24 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Bartholomeo - 01-09-2017, 03:32 PM