the Rift

[PRIVATE] Family Matters

Bartholomeo Posts: 46
World's Edge Protector atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16'2hh :: 7 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

He adopts a morose expression as Byron asks about his missing treasure, and shakes his proud antlered head sadly. "Unfortunately not, lad. I'll find them, though. They can't escape the grasp of your Uncle Bart." He wiggles his eyebrows good-naturedly at the colt. Then Maude asks if he's got real treasure, and the stallion nods deeply and solemnly, giving her a conspirational wink. In truth, he'd initially been planning to simply find his items and move on, but now he's fairly sure he'll stay here even when his sides are heavy with his swords once more, and Carlisle's sash is wrapped snugly around his shoulders. He owes it to his family, he thinks - to these wonderful children, to his brother, his sister.

Of course, they may not want him to stay, if he continues to put his foot in it as he's just managed so impressively.

For one who normally has everything under control, it's quite odd to see Bartholomeo flustered. This happens remarkably quickly at Byron's apopletic words - Maude's my sister? "Oh, shit." Only once the swear word has left his lips does he realise he's just plonked his hoof even more deeply into it by saying something so cruede in front of two youngsters - he'd done similar with Jack, his foul mouth accidentally ensuring one of his son's first words had been one not suitable for polite company. His wife hadn't been impressed! "Oh, arse, I didn't mean to say that. Argh, crap, I didn't meant to say that either! Eurk, or that!"

Realising he's just digging himself a deeper hole, the stallion retreats a few steps with an exhausted groan. Not only has he just accidentally imparted information that could change these two little ones' life forever, but he's just taught them some words he sincerely hopes they don't repeat. "Do me a favour, you two, and please don't tell your dad any of what I just said. Otherwise your Uncle Barty might not be long for this world." He offers them a sheepish grin.

Thankfully, the foals don't seem overly perturbed by the information about their heritage, and the stag breathes a sigh of relief. And you too, of course, Uncle Barty, says Maude, and he'll be damned if that isn't so sweet it almost brings a tear to his eye and melts his rogue's heart! Trying not to seem as touched as he actually is, the man gives his niece a warm wink. Glad he hasn't messed things up irreparably, the pirate's boyish grin returns with interest, and he wiggles his docked tail in a similar gesture to Maude's inadvertent one. Byron asks if they can get to know Maude at the same time as they hunt for bones, and the stallion beams. "Of course! The strongest bonds are those forged through adventure. Come, let's hunt!" The bay begins to amble towards the deeper forest, eyes narrowed to hunt for bones whilst he glances behind him to make sure the foals are following. He can see a promising-looking glint of white in the distance, and heads towards this.

B A R T H O L O M E O
image credits

@Byron

Messages In This Thread
Family Matters - by Byron - 01-02-2017, 01:13 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Maude - 01-02-2017, 01:53 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Bartholomeo - 01-02-2017, 04:40 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Byron - 01-02-2017, 05:09 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Maude - 01-05-2017, 04:12 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Bartholomeo - 01-05-2017, 04:41 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Byron - 01-09-2017, 12:25 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Maude - 01-09-2017, 01:24 PM