the Rift

[PRIVATE] Family Matters

Byron Posts: 14
Outcast
Colt :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: Three Seasons [Frostfall]
Nova
[Image: byron___bronzehalo_by_arahvir_dan956x_co...an96l3.png]

The young colt is relieved when finally Maude sniffled, his small ribcage deflated with the breath he'd been holding. A breath he hadn't realized he'd sucked in after he'd attempted to cheer her up. It'd been easy to slip back into a caring role, one that he all but jumped into whenever he so much heard his brother sob. It pulled on his heartstrings cruely, something that would no doubt carry into adulthood on strong shoulders. "Much better." He nodded enthusiastically, as his ringed ears giving a comical wiggle.

Uncle Bart's admission that he hadn't found his treasure brought a frown to the young buck's face, lips scrunched together as a huff escaped his nostrils. They must of been some tricky thieves, if Uncle Bart hadn't found them yet. "When you do, make sure you give them a kick from me!" He's not old enough to go on swashbuckling adventures quite yet, but it doesn't mean he can't dream that he can at least have a taste, even if it really just means just telling his Uncle that he should give them an extra kick or bite on his behalf.

His adventure to finding all of his family is taking a rather unpleasant adventure. Now, he liked adventures, he just didn't like ones that took his emotions through all four corners and back again. Still, despite the tears that threatened to fall from his odd coloured eyes, there's a stab of true genuine happiness in there. He's never been good at being sad, he hated the way it coiled in his stomach and how it made his legs weak. His voice hitched up an ugly notch and wobbled and made him cringe, ears pushed back into curly ringlets so he didn't have to hear himself. Rather than dwell on it, he grasped at more pleasant things until he pushed himself out of the muddy feeling.

Their Uncle's exasperated swear words finally get a bubbled laugh to escape the small boy, just like the time he'd heard that one word he wasn't allowed to tell their father either. Lame, he still didn't know what that meant either. At least he knew arse and shit, the other one? He'd have to try and ask him later. For now, he'd have a little fun at the pirate's expense.

"He's really bad at not saying bad words, isn't he?" His head tipped toward his sister, all sadness which had claimed him moments before disappeared in favor of a smug grin. Byron just might make a dashing rogue yet, not quite a pirate but not quite the archer which lurked in the trees. "I don't know, Uncle Barty. You've said a lot of bad words. I might tell dad. It depends what you wanna give us for our silence."

His swindling plans are sidetracked for a moment by Maude's acceptance of letting him get to know her. Happiness blossomed in his chest like the flowers he'd seen Jude tending to around their desert home, while Byron had rolled down the nearest dune screaming 'Hey Jude look at this'. "You'll have to tell me what you do for fun! Where do you live? Is it like my home? Do you like adventures? And...and.." His words died off as he tried to sift through all the questions that popped into his mind. Whatever malfunction he'd appeared to have, righted itself as he settled into following after their Uncle once he'd given marching orders. "You'd like Jude too! I can't wait until you meet him. He's a bit quieter than me though. He doesn't really like adventures, so I go on them for the both of us."

♥︎

@Maude @Bartholomeo
[Image: byron_by_ehrendi_daod2ik_by_arahvir-daoxhe4.png]

please only tag Byron in opening posts!

Messages In This Thread
Family Matters - by Byron - 01-02-2017, 01:13 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Maude - 01-02-2017, 01:53 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Bartholomeo - 01-02-2017, 04:40 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Byron - 01-02-2017, 05:09 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Maude - 01-05-2017, 04:12 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Bartholomeo - 01-05-2017, 04:41 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Byron - 01-09-2017, 12:25 PM